“Great short stop” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 47 Hotels in Oakland
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great short stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights whilst visiting San Francisco. The staff were very friendly, professional and extremely helpful when we needed directions and information on the area. Rooms were very clean and comfortable and the kids really enjoyed the pool (was also a nice suprise to get a heated pool for once!). We stayed in many Best Westerns and have never been too impressed with breakfasts provided however, the breakfast here was definitely a lot better than any of the others.
Very good welcoming and comfortable hotel!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
bwplusoaklandca, Webmaster at BEST WESTERN PLUS Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your kind comments. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay here and found some of our amenities, like our free breakfast, better than you expected. We focus on providing accommodations, service and amenities that exceed expectations, and I’m glad we met that goal in your case. We look forward to having you with us again soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
erie, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Great hotel and staff. Good location to where we needed to be the next day. The breakfast is good but would like to see the pancakes they advertise on the web site. I would recommend this hotel to any one traveling in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your kind comments about our convenient location and great staff. We truly value customers like you. I’m glad you enjoyed the breakfast even though couldn’t provide pancakes at the time you were with us. I hope you will indeed recommend us to others and stay with us again when in the area the next time.

Oakland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Weird location, but not a bad hotel. They wouldn't give me my Best Western points as I didn't book through BW website. Not very nice as I spent two night on the summer program. Would stay there again if I needed a Hotel by the airport.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m glad you liked our hotel although I do apologize that there was some confusion regarding your points. I hope that issue was resolved to your satisfaction. Most guests are pleased with our convenient location, but I’m sorry it did not satisfy you. Still, I hope you will indeed visit us again when in the area.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Nice place to stay when having a layover or next day flight out of Oakland. Clean and spacious rooms. Theres swimming pool for the kids, hot breakfast in the morning, and the best shuttle driver. He was so kind and was willing to drive us to a near by plaza that had a Walmart and many other fast food choices. It is a 5-10 minute walk which was not bad at all but so nice of him to have still offered.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
bwplusoaklandca, Webmaster at BEST WESTERN PLUS Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your kind comments about our hotel and our staff. Our goal is to provide a clean, comfortable room, great amenities and the kind of personal service you would expect from a more expensive hotel. I’m pleased that we met that goal, and I hope you will return to stay with again when your travel plans bring you back to Oakland.

Marana, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

The shuttle from and to the airport and location of this hotel is great. Rooms were fine. Great TV and internet. Although room was smoke free and had no odor the hallways did smell of smoke. Did not have a chance to eat the complimentary breakfast since we had a very early flight. Pizza delivery was available so that was very convenient for a dinner.

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments about our airport hotel in Oakland. We’re very glad we met your needs. I do apologize that another guest’s inappropriate behavior created a smoke smell in the hallway during your stay. I hope you will stay with us again if your travel plans bring you back to this area. We look forward to serving you again.

Berkeley, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Very clean and well-organized hotel. I will return in the future, largely because of the convenience and hospitality shown by the competent staff. Best Western Plus is a new and worthwhile find on my travel itinerary.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I’m glad you’ve found us! We take great pride in this hotel and are glad our efforts are showing in the clean, comfortable, convenient and hospitable environment we’re creating. We look forward to having you back with us again whenever your travel needs bring you to the Oakland airport area.

Sacramento, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I wasn't sure what to expect from a hotel so close to the airport but we were rather please. Very courteous, helpful and professional staff. We got a free upgrade to a King suite, which was a very comfortable and clean room. The bed and pillows were awesome which led to a very good night's sleep! :) Overall, if I ever find myself in Oakland again I wouldn't hesitate to stay at this BW Plus again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for these overwhelmingly kind comments. We’re striving to provide the best experience in the Oakland airport area, and I’m glad our efforts are making a difference. I hope your travel plans will allow you to return to us soon because it is a true joy to serve customers who like the combination of comfort and value we provide.

Hotel Manager

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Airport Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!