“Probably a 3 1/2 review” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #8 of 48 Hotels in Oakland
Gilbert, Arizona, United States
“Probably a 3 1/2 review”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

This appears to be an old hotel with a major renovation done recently..Our room was a king and it was HUGE. we overlooked a metal industrial building. we could hear a good bit of noise from the floor above us and we had our noise maker and fan going all night. we left our towels hanging that we were willing to reuse and they left them which was fine, BUT they didn't give us anymore washcloths or hand towels, YES we could have asked for more but we got in late and were so tired and didn't want to wait however long for someone to deliver. we stayed here for 2 nights at the end of our trip to take advantage of BART for San Francisco and the airport. we stayed elsewhere in the beginning and their shuttle was better. this one goes on the 1/2 hour according to front desk, so we made sure to be ready at those times. sometimes they like to leave the hotel a few minutes later even if they are just standing around. this isn't a good area as others have stated BUT all the OAK airport hotels are in the same boat. we were close enough to walk to Quiznos (near Wal Mart, very nice and clean). breakfast was fine, sausage, eggs, biscuits, waffles, muffins, pastries, 2 juices, yogurt and coffee. the attendant on one of the mornings was not happy as she had worked alot BUT she wasn't rude. front desk was difficult to communicate with, we asked a few questions and they gave answers that didn't match our questions, it was ok.
If all hotels in the area are about $100 a night then it's a crap shoot. But i would probably pick another similar priced name brand chain.

Room Tip: maybe ask for the top floor if you need it quiet at night.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

It's actually behind the airport on a back street. I felt the need to lock and bolt my room door. Nothing fancy and staff and very blasé. Loved the Pantene products but that was about all. The free breakfast room was very cramped.

• Stayed August 2013
Bestwestern05603, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

I can assure you that our hotel is very safe, and we pride ourselves on taking the extra safety precautions for all of our guests. We are indeed located on a backstreet away from the busy main road, which has both its negative and positive traits. However, I would like to point out that we have had numerous compliments due to the quiet atmosphere of our hotel from many guests. Please keep in mind that there is construction work being performed on the main road (Hegenberger), almost daily. Due to the fact that we are one block behind on Hegenberger loop, you probably didn't notice it. As for breakfast in the morning, I am sorry you felt cramped. There is always the option to have your breakfast in our lobby lounge area. Thank you for voicing your concerns, it always helps us understand what we need to improve upon.
Northern CAL, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I stayed here on business. The rate was wrong when I checked in and was told it would be adjusted. I got to my room and was approached by the girl at the front counter who proceeded to tell me I had to move as my room was booked already. My room rate wasn't changed till the 3rd day. Management and employee's were rude and incompetent to say the least. When I checked out the bill was still off and nobody was able to fix it as they were all "New". Yesterday I was charged the correct amount, plus the wrong amount. When I called in to ask questions I was treated like I was looking for a handout. Rude, unprofessional service. Trust me, spend a few extra dollars and stay somewhere else. Not worth $89.99 a night let alone $170 a night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwplusoaklandca, Webmaster at BEST WESTERN PLUS Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for bringing the customer service issues you experienced during your recent stay with us to my attention. If there have been lapses in professionalism or billing issues, we apologize. I am taking a more hands-on approach now and personally retraining all staff to make sure we offer the best possible customer service. I personally apologize for the issues you experience and for not completely meeting your needs. I hope you will stay with us again and allow us to prove ourselves to you.

Thanks, Manager.
Big Flats
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

If I had to spend more than 4 hours at this hotel, I would rather sleep in the airport. Staff on at 4 am was rude and unaccommodating. Upon check in at 11pm, we made a request for assistance at checkout. I was assured they could accommodate us. When I called down at 3:30am to check on status, desk knew nothing of the request and was rude. She agreed to assist. When we arrived in the lobby 20 minutes later, she hadn't even attempted to find what we were looking for.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for voicing your concerns, your feedback is always appreciated to help us continually improve. I would like to apologize for not having the necessary equipment you required upon checkout. I have personally spoke to the employee on shift, and have voiced your concerns. Unfortunately we did not have the vacuum sealer hose that you required. We understand that we should have communicated this to you more clearly, and take full responsibility. Please give me a call on your next trip down in the area and I will personally assure that all of your needs are met, should you decide to give us another chance.
Seattle, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Our family of 4 (including a baby and toddler) stayed here one night before an early flight from Oakland Airport. The service was outstanding, the room was clean and comfortable, and the hot breakfast was delicious and filling. Theie shuttle can take you to/from not only the airport but also BART station and local stores if need be.

Yucca Valley, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

THey got our reservation wrong: needed two beds and had only one king. There were no sheets available for the cot which was brought to the room. Had to use scratchy kind-size bed cover of some kind. Only one bath towel in room when we checked in. Big, long black hair in sink. Staff was helpful and worked with what they had.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Bestwestern05603, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

First and foremost we would like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have had during your stay. I have personally spoken to the employee responsible for servicing your room, and can assure you all necessary steps have been taken to rectify the matter in the future. Any extra sheets or towels can be requested at any point in time. I would also like to note that the reason for your reservation being changed to a 1 bedroom suite was beyond our control. Unfortunately when you canceled the original reservation for 2 Queen Beds, that room type was booked by another guest. When we reactivated your reservation upon your request, that particular room type was sold out. I hope this helps clear up any misconceptions you may have. If you would like to personally speak to me, please don't hesitate to give me a call at anytime. Thank you
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We chose this hotel for our stay in SF because of the nice reviews. We had a nice, large, quite and clean room at a reasonable price. The breakfast was a standard BW. The young man at the front desk was friendly, efficient and helpful. The value for money is really adequate and we will come back surely.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Airport Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!