“Easy in and out. Good Value.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn a $50 Gift Card
Ranked #8 of 48 hotels in Oakland

193 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

In the middle of an industrial estate, but convenient for OAK airport and the freeway. Short walk to Walmart shopping centre, a short drive to downtown Oakland - and a good base for the SF area. Comfortable and well-run hotel, spacious and well-equipped room (although the housekeeping was sometimes a bit haphazard). Indoor swimming pool, fitness centre, free wi-fi and parking. Very happy to recommend.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Orangevale, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Booked two rooms for a trip we were planning to Maui. On arrival was told that only one car could be kept on property for the duration of the trip. Second car had to be taken to a parking lot. Was not told before arrival that the pool was going to be down for scheduled maintance. My daughter was very unhappy. Had to call twice for pickup at airport. Guess they forgot. One good thing to mention, "cookies in lobby were good" First and only time I will stay at best western.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Washington State
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed two nights in a king room with a jacuzzi tub. The room was fine, the service was excellent. Having the jacuzzi tub was great (albeit more challenging to get in and out of the shower). However, I needed the room as office space for my two days there and it worked less well for that. No desk lamp or overhead light there made for dim work. Restaurants for lunch and dinner are either a very long walk or a short drive to get to. Lots of restaurant delivery menus in the room, which I appreciated. But I'm a light eater and the minimum $15 charge was hard to rack up without ordering way more food than I wanted or could eat. If I needed just a place to sleep, I'd go back in a second. But for an office away from the office, I'll try someplace else next time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Myself husband and 2 teenage boys stayed here for one night as we were watching a basketball game at the nearby Colosseum it was a perfect location there was a free shuttle to the Bart station opposite that left every 30 mins and collected you after the game if you called ( although we had no phone so the guy came last every 30mins after 10 which was great although we found a phone in the Bart station) this meant we didn't have to drive and pay parking fees . beds were great and free breakfast a bonus only slight niggle was that the free WiFi only worked intermittently in the room. our flight out wasn't until late the next day so we went into San Francisco via the Bart train took 20 mins and cost 7.70 each we left our hire car parked at the hotel and collected it at the end of the day when returning to the airport.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Oakland, California, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

So I called there before I arrived and ask what times does the pool close because me and my husband have beej dying to go swimmimg. That's why we choose this hotel over the other ones we were interested in. However when got dressed and ready to get in , it was close due to construction. I would have appreciated if I was told that over the phone being thats why I came to that specific room. Other than that I will say that I had a wonderful stay after I got over the pool issue. The room was nice, clean, and spacious. Also the complimentary breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Airport Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!