“Spacious Rooms and Great Value” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #8 of 47 hotels in Oakland
Goleta
“Spacious Rooms and Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

New hotel near Oakland Airport with shuttle service to the airport and the BART Station.
Hot breakfast with waffle maker and biscuits and gravy. The suite was spacious and easily accommodating two people working in the room on computers. The bedding is wonderful and upgraded.

The shuttle schedule has not been well worked out and was never on time over the 6 days of our stay.

Room Tip: BART Coliseum Station is brightly lit and many BART and Oakland police were visible. Taxis were alw...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

221 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in a King-bed room for one night since my husband and I had an early flight leaving from OAK. The free shuttle was excellent, on time and it's a less than 10min ride to the airport and a few minutes ride to the coliseum BART station.

The room was large with a sitting area. As with any hotel in this tier, rooms tend to feel a little outdated and smelled a little musty upon first entering (not a bad/dirty smell, more just from unuse and lack of air circulation. could also be from moisture since we were on the first/ground floor) but all in all the room/bed did feel clean and maintained.

Complimentary brkfst was very basic: selection of dry cereals, juices, yogurt, pastries/muffins/bagels/toast, and a waffle maker.

Would stay here again simply for the valur and convenience to the airport, especially if you just wanna be in the area for an early flight.

• Stayed October 2012
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We were staying here for just one night before flying from Oakland. We arrived before the check in time to unload our bags before dropping of our rental car and were delighted that our room was ready. We were quite tired from a long drive so didn't feel like venturing out to a restaurant so we were delighted with the selection of take out menus in the room. The room itself was very spacious clean and comfortable also.
The included breakfast was good too, great to set us up for the flight ahead. The shuttle driver to the airport was very helpful as were all the staff we dealt with.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reno, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

We booked this hotel for a trip to San Francisco because it was affordable, but I was pleasantly surprised by it! It took a while to find because there are three different streets with very similar names. The location isn't the best, but the hotel runs a shuttle to the airport and the Bart until 7 pm. Its close to the airport and the freeway so you get the expected noise. The hotel was very clean and well maintained and the staff friendly and helpful. We had a problem with our refrigerator and it was fixed within 10 minutes. The breakfast is very good. They have a nice variety, good coffee, and friendly attendants. There is plenty of parking and the front doors are key accessible at night. Overall I have had a great experience with this hotel. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
vallejo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This Best Western is a little of the main road but easy to get to. Rooms were really clean and the indoor pool and hot tub were great. They had a toco night when we were there that was great and filling too, Other restraunts are close also. Plenty of parking so no problems. They serve breakfast in a.m. but our flight left to early to enjoy it.

Room Tip: I like bottom floor but there is an elevator so there are no problems with any floor. We had no noi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
northridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I missed the last flight of the night going back home and was forced to find a place to stay. I started to call around to find a place and when I called Best western "Milan" answred the phone and was great from our initial contact. From there it only got better. He sent a shuttle right away to come pick me up and they were there withing 5 minutes. The room and rate were great but thats not what got me. It was the customer service. When I arrived in disarray from not expecting to stay and not having anything with me. He let me borrow his Iphone Charger to get my phone back up and going. When I brought his charger back I asked about places to eat near by, I just figured I could walk he then went above and beyond and looked up times that places near there closed and told me he would ask the shuttle to take me to get some food since it was near midnight. When I didnt care for the food choices and just wanted something to grab something small he gave me a little care package which i think may have been his own lunch, Which had a granola bar a bottle of water and some chips.That was all I needed. Its really the little things that get you through. So Thank You MIlan and Best western

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Bramley, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

This motel had very helpful staff. It's the stopping-over place of choice, I think, if you're arriving/departing by plane, and having to transfer to Amtrak, or vice-versa, or if you need to pick up a car at the airport, and have an overnight delay. The taxi fare from the Jack London Square stop at Oakland out to the airport is only $20 or so, and is worth it, especially at night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Airport Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!