“Great stopover” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 47 hotels in Oakland
Cork, Ireland
“Great stopover”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We were staying here for just one night before flying from Oakland. We arrived before the check in time to unload our bags before dropping of our rental car and were delighted that our room was ready. We were quite tired from a long drive so didn't feel like venturing out to a restaurant so we were delighted with the selection of take out menus in the room. The room itself was very spacious clean and comfortable also.
The included breakfast was good too, great to set us up for the flight ahead. The shuttle driver to the airport was very helpful as were all the staff we dealt with.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

223 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reno, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

We booked this hotel for a trip to San Francisco because it was affordable, but I was pleasantly surprised by it! It took a while to find because there are three different streets with very similar names. The location isn't the best, but the hotel runs a shuttle to the airport and the Bart until 7 pm. Its close to the airport and the freeway so you get the expected noise. The hotel was very clean and well maintained and the staff friendly and helpful. We had a problem with our refrigerator and it was fixed within 10 minutes. The breakfast is very good. They have a nice variety, good coffee, and friendly attendants. There is plenty of parking and the front doors are key accessible at night. Overall I have had a great experience with this hotel. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
vallejo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This Best Western is a little of the main road but easy to get to. Rooms were really clean and the indoor pool and hot tub were great. They had a toco night when we were there that was great and filling too, Other restraunts are close also. Plenty of parking so no problems. They serve breakfast in a.m. but our flight left to early to enjoy it.

Room Tip: I like bottom floor but there is an elevator so there are no problems with any floor. We had no noi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
northridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I missed the last flight of the night going back home and was forced to find a place to stay. I started to call around to find a place and when I called Best western "Milan" answred the phone and was great from our initial contact. From there it only got better. He sent a shuttle right away to come pick me up and they were there withing 5 minutes. The room and rate were great but thats not what got me. It was the customer service. When I arrived in disarray from not expecting to stay and not having anything with me. He let me borrow his Iphone Charger to get my phone back up and going. When I brought his charger back I asked about places to eat near by, I just figured I could walk he then went above and beyond and looked up times that places near there closed and told me he would ask the shuttle to take me to get some food since it was near midnight. When I didnt care for the food choices and just wanted something to grab something small he gave me a little care package which i think may have been his own lunch, Which had a granola bar a bottle of water and some chips.That was all I needed. Its really the little things that get you through. So Thank You MIlan and Best western

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Bramley, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

This motel had very helpful staff. It's the stopping-over place of choice, I think, if you're arriving/departing by plane, and having to transfer to Amtrak, or vice-versa, or if you need to pick up a car at the airport, and have an overnight delay. The taxi fare from the Jack London Square stop at Oakland out to the airport is only $20 or so, and is worth it, especially at night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Holly
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights visiting Oakland and San Francisco to watch some ball games. First off let me stay that a major plus for this hotel is the shuttle service. I elected not to have a rental vehicle at all and that was good because the parking was kind of tight. Most nights there were no spots and people were parking all over the place. The shuttle ran regular routes to both the airport and the BART terminal. Plus additional trips out as people needed them. I didn't have any issues waiting except for 1 night after the A's game but that was only because there were too many people for 1 trip. No, problem. The driver was back in a few minutes and picked up another run. All of the drivers were very polite. The desk staff was terrific with the exception of the night clerk who talked at a mid scream level for the most routine conversations. The rooms were quite clean and the maid service was very prompt and efficient. The breakfast was great. Lots of different options bewteen hot and cold foods. The location was n't the greatest and I had been warned by other posters not to walk at night time, but there wasn't any problem in the daytime and there was a nice shopping/eating area within a few blocks. The only other issue I had was with the internet service which was quite tortoisemal (yes, I made up the word). Very sketchy. Overall, I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed here a couple times. The staff is friendly and helpful. The hotel is a little hidden in Hegenberger Loop, but that helps it stay quiet. The rooms are large and the beds are extremely comfortable. Breakfast is boring, the same scrambled egg stuff and sausage links every day, but the rooms have a fridge and microwave so you can make tour own if the variety is an issue.

The shuttle will take you, not just to the airport, but to BART and other nearby (within 3 miles) places!

I'm looking forward to staying here each time I visit OAK.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Airport Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!