“It's the little things!!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #8 of 48 Hotels in Oakland
northridge
“It's the little things!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I missed the last flight of the night going back home and was forced to find a place to stay. I started to call around to find a place and when I called Best western "Milan" answred the phone and was great from our initial contact. From there it only got better. He sent a shuttle right away to come pick me up and they were there withing 5 minutes. The room and rate were great but thats not what got me. It was the customer service. When I arrived in disarray from not expecting to stay and not having anything with me. He let me borrow his Iphone Charger to get my phone back up and going. When I brought his charger back I asked about places to eat near by, I just figured I could walk he then went above and beyond and looked up times that places near there closed and told me he would ask the shuttle to take me to get some food since it was near midnight. When I didnt care for the food choices and just wanted something to grab something small he gave me a little care package which i think may have been his own lunch, Which had a granola bar a bottle of water and some chips.That was all I needed. Its really the little things that get you through. So Thank You MIlan and Best western

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bramley, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

This motel had very helpful staff. It's the stopping-over place of choice, I think, if you're arriving/departing by plane, and having to transfer to Amtrak, or vice-versa, or if you need to pick up a car at the airport, and have an overnight delay. The taxi fare from the Jack London Square stop at Oakland out to the airport is only $20 or so, and is worth it, especially at night.

Holly
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights visiting Oakland and San Francisco to watch some ball games. First off let me stay that a major plus for this hotel is the shuttle service. I elected not to have a rental vehicle at all and that was good because the parking was kind of tight. Most nights there were no spots and people were parking all over the place. The shuttle ran regular routes to both the airport and the BART terminal. Plus additional trips out as people needed them. I didn't have any issues waiting except for 1 night after the A's game but that was only because there were too many people for 1 trip. No, problem. The driver was back in a few minutes and picked up another run. All of the drivers were very polite. The desk staff was terrific with the exception of the night clerk who talked at a mid scream level for the most routine conversations. The rooms were quite clean and the maid service was very prompt and efficient. The breakfast was great. Lots of different options bewteen hot and cold foods. The location was n't the greatest and I had been warned by other posters not to walk at night time, but there wasn't any problem in the daytime and there was a nice shopping/eating area within a few blocks. The only other issue I had was with the internet service which was quite tortoisemal (yes, I made up the word). Very sketchy. Overall, I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed here a couple times. The staff is friendly and helpful. The hotel is a little hidden in Hegenberger Loop, but that helps it stay quiet. The rooms are large and the beds are extremely comfortable. Breakfast is boring, the same scrambled egg stuff and sausage links every day, but the rooms have a fridge and microwave so you can make tour own if the variety is an issue.

The shuttle will take you, not just to the airport, but to BART and other nearby (within 3 miles) places!

I'm looking forward to staying here each time I visit OAK.

• Stayed September 2012
Bozeman, MT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Stayed here prior to very early morning flight from OAK. Check-in very quick with prior reservation. Area a little questionable but security seems adequate. Property clean but well used.
Had an acceptable night's sleep in spite of someone pounding loudly on our door in the middle of the night. Shuttle available to the airport and if not servicing the airport will take guests to nearby restaurants.COntinental breakfast advertised, but we had to leave before it was served.

Texas City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I could not believe the deal through SW Airlines that we got on this hotel! We were promptly picked-up at the airport, brought to the hotel by a friendly driver, checked in by a friendly front desk person then promptly taken to the Oakland A's game we came to see. Was picked up at the Colisseum after the game brought back to the hotel and had a free chinese meal that was brought in. The next day we dropped off at BART to head to San Francisco. The room was a nice suite. The only down side was the area but never felt afraid because we were escorted were we needed to go. We were on an eight day trip and this is the BEST VALUE we have ever had on a trip!

Room Tip: Lower level suite facing the street-quiet with no noises.
Red Bluff, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

My husband and I used this hotel for a second time to do park and fly. Very conveniently located to the airport in Oakland. Shuttle leaves every half an hour. Staff was very nice and helpful. Room was large with a sitting area, frig, coffee pot. Very clean. Comfy bed. My only regret was we had to leave very early in the morning. We did not get to have the breakfast since we had to leave too early. Breakfast area was very nice and large though. Upon arriving back in Oakland, the shuttle comes every half an hour to pick up and drop off. No problem getting back at all. Worked out great.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Airport Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!