“Not Bad, I'd stay here again” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #8 of 47 hotels in Oakland
Alaska
“Not Bad, I'd stay here again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

My family stayed here for 6 nights in July of 2011. It's a newer hotel with clean rooms. The breakfast they served was OK. We used their free shuttle van daily to drop us off, and later pick us up at the nearby Coliseum BART station. Most of the time their pickups were prompt.

The neighborhood right around the hotel is one I'd probably not walk around in at night. However with the good shuttle service to and from, that never played into the picture.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

224 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Detroit, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

We stayed here for two days. It was convenient to Berkeley and the city. There was a BART station in three minutes drive, and parking was free at the station. There were shopping centers and fast food restaurants around. Neighborhood wasn't a good area. We had a car and it wasn't a problem for us. If you don't have car, don't stay here.
We booked a non smoking room but they gave us a smoking one. There was a terrible smell. We requested an air freshener several times. They had put air fresheners all along the corridors. I think they know how bad smell was. When my husband talked to them angrily they sent one. We got more towels after requesting again and again. Nothing comes when you ask first time. They want you to forget.
Breakfast was OK. But they closed the doors at 9 am sharp. There was a waiter in breakfast room, and when the clock showed 9 am , she closed the waffle maker. It was rude I think. They had to be more flexible.
I don't stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Bestwestern05603, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 15, 2011
On behalf of our property and all our staff, we would like to apologize for your inconvenience during your stay with us. Rest assured that your input will be utilized, to help create a better experience for all guests. However, I would like to point out that not all room types are guaranteed when booked with 3rd party websites. If you would like your room type guaranteed,, please book with us directly. Smoking rooms are regularly cleaned with our air filtration device. I understand that this can be frustrating, when you would have preferred a non smoking room. If there is anything I can do on a personal level to compensate for your inconvenience, please contact me directly at 510-633-0500 ext 421.

Jay Patel
Best Western Plus Oakland Airport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011 via mobile

Excellent property. Depending on which way you drive to the property you may think you're in a bad area couldn't be further from the truth. Centrally located near everything. Spacious, clean rooms. Friendly helpful staff!! Breakfast every morning. The only bad thing I can say is parking is very congested in the parking lot after 7 or 8pm.

• Stayed July 2011
Scotts Valley, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011 via mobile

My wife and I spent an overnight at this hotel in August on a road trip to Alameda, CA. Our checkin was quick and efficient. Complimentary water and protein bar was an immediate nice touch. Our king bed room was clean. Having asked for a first floor room, we got a second floor room right next to the elevator. Hence the room was smaller than we have enjoyed in other Best Western Plus hotels. But still it was remarkably quiet. The bathroom was all-in-one and clean. We think it's always nicer when one component is separated from the rest, like the vanity or commode. The refrigerator kept food nice and cold. It had a freezing section that we appreciate to keep the cooling elements of our cold chest renewed for the next day. The indoor swimming pool was very warm and delightful, while the hot tub was a little too warm for our liking. Our bed was very comfortable. The air conditioner was not too noisy or distracting. Breakfast was a delight. Scrambled eggs and sausage, biscuits and gravy always are a marker for us as a property being a cut above. Waffles, breads, muffins, cereal, fruit and choice of four juices made it a well rounded affair. The coffee was good too. An attendant was specifically stationed to keep a watchful eye for replenishment and to help kids master the waffle iron. Checkout was quick and efficient. Overall, for a room rate under $100, our stay was an excellent value.

• Stayed August 2011
Boise, ID
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel about twenty times now. I keep going back because they offer everything I need as a business traveler. They are a nice hotel with a great price. They offer a nice breakfast, free internet, free airport parking and free transportation to airport, car rental center, BART station or wherever you want to go within a short distance.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Ridgefield, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

We stayed here for a week in June and it was one of the nicer hotel we have been in. The staff were very friendly. The rooms are clean and the pool and hot tub are a great way to finish a long day of sightseeing. The breakfast was good and the free internet was very helpful. A major reason we stayed here was that the parking was free. All the hotels in San francisco charged for parking. I would definatly stay here again if we were ever in Oakland.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Bestwestern05603, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 1, 2011
We want to Thank you for choosing the Best Western Plus Oakland airport for your lodging accomodations. I'm happy to hear that you had an excellent stay with us. Your response is greatly appreciated, and we will look forward to seing you again soon.
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

My husband, 2 year old son, and I stayed here one night since we were arriving late at the Oakland airport and driving the next day to Sonoma. I found it on Hotels.com and was a little wary because of excellent rate ($80 with AAA discount) and my impressions of Best Western (based on experience from decades ago). Wow, were we completely surprised and totally happy! Quite honestly, it's one of the best hotels we've stayed in in ages, and we've been doing a lot of nice, very expensive hotels for business trips lately. The room was HUGE. King size bed somewhat sectioned off from the sofa, desk, chairs, and coffee table. Refrigerator and coffee pot in room, free wireless, perfect bathroom. Bed and pillows were really comfortable, linens fresh and decor welcoming. The front desk staff were so friendly and efficient. We loved the indoor pool, work-out room, and the delicious FREE continental breakfast. Hotel website directions were great, arrived no problem. (Note that all the roads near the airport are named "Hegenberger Something" - Court, Loop, etc and the signs are so small it's hard to read them! They just have Ct, Lp, Rd in VERY small letters.) There is no restaurant in the hotel, FYI. My husband made me promise to write a review because we were both so happy!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Airport Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!