You added Extended Stay America - Oakland - Emeryville to your Saves list
Ranked #24 of 48 Hotels in Oakland
Los Angeles
“Problems”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Problems are a normal occurrence in life. Businesses have problems. I judge a business not by the number of problems they have, but by how they're handled. When I arrived, there was a terrible noise in the water pipes. That was resolved by morning. Good news. We did discover that two electric plugs were inoperable. They happened to be the ones we needed most. The one in the bathroom and the one in the kitchen where you would plug in the coffee maker. I called the front desk and got the GM. I will say the GM is a nice guy. However, even though a work order was created, the work order was not executed. It's a ten minute job to replace faulty electric outlets. I've done this at home. There is simply no excuse that the work was not done. Epic failure. I am rethinking whether or not I will stay here again.

Room Tip: When (IF) you book a room here ask for one that does NOT face the freeway.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Emeryville, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We are sorry to hear that your maintenance issues were not addressed. In response to your feedback, we have revamped our maintenance program, allowing our maintenance staff more time to address issues, such as yours.

We are grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. We invite you to contact us, at EMY@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
new jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

The hotel was one step up from a shelter...When i arrived there were people sleeping in the lobby..The elevator to my floor was filthy...i was so tired from my long flight in that i tried to overlook this but when i opened the door to my room ...I was devastated...The rug smelled musty and the kitchen unit was not cleaned...food left on top of refrigerator and the knobs on the sink had food smudges all over them...sink was grimmy...the bathroom sink had a black ring underneath it...wasnt sure what that was with cigarette burn stains on the counter...shower needed cleaning also...i proceeded to hang my clothes up in a make shift closet that had a curtiain for a door...paint stains on the curtain...no hangers in the closet only shelves...left the next day...

Room Tip: Dont go there...find someplace else
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Staff was very nice and upgraded our room for free when they saw they had a two bed available. Room was decent and clean. Quiet even though it was next to the freeway. Close to freeway and other popular stores. The breakfast wasn't the best very very sweet but the coffee was good.

• Stayed June 2014
Folsom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Extremely unclean rooms. Bad beds with springs. Foul odors. Broken fixtures. Don't believe me??? Well then, waste your money, fool. I stay in hotels on a regular basis for business, and honestly, this one is by far the worst I've run across. What makes it insulting is the indifference given my "gripes" by the staff.

• Stayed June 2014
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I made a reservation for a non-smoking king bedroom weeks in advance through the SWA site, and naturally I received a confirmation. When our flight was delayed I called to confirm that we would be there and the person behind the desk reassured me that she would hold our room and guaranteed late arrival. When we finally arrived at the hotel around 10 PM we were informed that our room had been given away and that none were available. When I objected and told them that not only had we booked a long time ago, but that the front desk had guaranteed our late arrival had been confirmed many hours ago, the desk person said, in effect, that that was just too damn bad, but they were full.
No apology, no effort to help us find a room, no empathy, no acknowledgement of our inconvenience on a heavily booked Friday night.
I will never consider this hotel or this chain of hotels again. Not ever! I would rather sleep in my car!

Room Tip: Run away! A good room can be found in other nearby hotels.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

The location is good, well connected by public transport. 4.20$ one way, you can reach downtown SFO. Target is just across the street and so is Panera bread. To have a car is advisable for your to roam around the area and get to some good food joint. The place is also quiet and safe. Issue is the cleanliness of the room. When i checked in, they gave me a room that was not even made up. The staff was quick to change my room.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Boise, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

fresh blood on floor, pills on carpet, mold in shower and sink, filthy carpet. absolutely gross! i checked out w/ my daughter before spending the night. my dad spent the night and checked out one day early because it was so horrible. super loud as well, right next to the highway. interestingly enough, the general manager allegedly inspects all the before allowing anyone to check in... therefore, I was left w/ my 2yo daughter to wait in the lobby for 4hrs before they would allow check in. Stay somewhere else! We have photos to prove all of this... the manager didn't seem to care!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - Oakland - Emeryville? Share your experiences!