“Awful cooking odors and next to major elevated freeway, accented with hints of disgruntled employees and hairs in sheets” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Oakland - Emeryville

Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #26 of 48 Hotels in Oakland
Folsom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Extremely unclean rooms. Bad beds with springs. Foul odors. Broken fixtures. Don't believe me??? Well then, waste your money, fool. I stay in hotels on a regular basis for business, and honestly, this one is by far the worst I've run across. What makes it insulting is the indifference given my "gripes" by the staff.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I made a reservation for a non-smoking king bedroom weeks in advance through the SWA site, and naturally I received a confirmation. When our flight was delayed I called to confirm that we would be there and the person behind the desk reassured me that she would hold our room and guaranteed late arrival. When we finally arrived at the hotel around 10 PM we were informed that our room had been given away and that none were available. When I objected and told them that not only had we booked a long time ago, but that the front desk had guaranteed our late arrival had been confirmed many hours ago, the desk person said, in effect, that that was just too damn bad, but they were full.
No apology, no effort to help us find a room, no empathy, no acknowledgement of our inconvenience on a heavily booked Friday night.
I will never consider this hotel or this chain of hotels again. Not ever! I would rather sleep in my car!

Room Tip: Run away! A good room can be found in other nearby hotels.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Bangalore, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

The location is good, well connected by public transport. 4.20$ one way, you can reach downtown SFO. Target is just across the street and so is Panera bread. To have a car is advisable for your to roam around the area and get to some good food joint. The place is also quiet and safe. Issue is the cleanliness of the room. When i checked in, they gave me a room that was not even made up. The staff was quick to change my room.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Boise, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

fresh blood on floor, pills on carpet, mold in shower and sink, filthy carpet. absolutely gross! i checked out w/ my daughter before spending the night. my dad spent the night and checked out one day early because it was so horrible. super loud as well, right next to the highway. interestingly enough, the general manager allegedly inspects all the before allowing anyone to check in... therefore, I was left w/ my 2yo daughter to wait in the lobby for 4hrs before they would allow check in. Stay somewhere else! We have photos to prove all of this... the manager didn't seem to care!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Staying here while my granddaughter is in the Oakland Children's Hospital. Rooms are ok in size but definitely in need of renovation and/or deep cleaning. This particular room is a kitchenette. Nice to have a refrigerator and microwave. Bathroom exhaust fan does not work and has no window to open. Some evidence of mold around the top of the shower. They only come in and clean once a week if you are staying longer than a couple of days. Yesterday was our day..not much was done. Don't think they vacuumed at all. On another note they left us a broom so we were able to sweep the carpet ourselves. Staff has been ok when talking to them. Don't think I would stay here again. Graduation time at Berkeley so rooms were not that easy to find.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

We were greeted by the colony of flies at EVERY exterior door. Room was weirdly humid. Countertops in kitchen and bath were stained. EVERYTHING down to the linens smelled like chicken curry. Shower curtain was moldy. When it was time for bed, pulled back the sheets and there was a BUNDLES OF HAIR ON THE BLANKETS... shot hair, long hair, curly hair, straight hair. GROSS!! Called to the desk to get new blankets, they never came. Our room phone range at 1am, no one on the other end. I would have rather slept in a tent in the neighboring target parking lot.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Comox
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel on the 28th of March. I think this was the dirtiest room ever. Floor in kitchen area was filthy, dirt in the corners and floor made socks dirty. Bathroom sink stopper was not functioning and the sink was grimy. Chunks out of the wall and overall dirty. We travel with 2 westie dogs so this was one of the few hotels that would take pets in the area. Charge per dog was $20 which should be used for extra cleaning, vacuuming etc in a room, not the case here for sure. Hotel was emailed with concerns and no response. Would not recommend

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Extended Stay America - Oakland - Emeryville? Share your experiences!