“Disgusting!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 48 Hotels in Oakland
Boise, Idaho
“Disgusting!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

fresh blood on floor, pills on carpet, mold in shower and sink, filthy carpet. absolutely gross! i checked out w/ my daughter before spending the night. my dad spent the night and checked out one day early because it was so horrible. super loud as well, right next to the highway. interestingly enough, the general manager allegedly inspects all the before allowing anyone to check in... therefore, I was left w/ my 2yo daughter to wait in the lobby for 4hrs before they would allow check in. Stay somewhere else! We have photos to prove all of this... the manager didn't seem to care!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Staying here while my granddaughter is in the Oakland Children's Hospital. Rooms are ok in size but definitely in need of renovation and/or deep cleaning. This particular room is a kitchenette. Nice to have a refrigerator and microwave. Bathroom exhaust fan does not work and has no window to open. Some evidence of mold around the top of the shower. They only come in and clean once a week if you are staying longer than a couple of days. Yesterday was our day..not much was done. Don't think they vacuumed at all. On another note they left us a broom so we were able to sweep the carpet ourselves. Staff has been ok when talking to them. Don't think I would stay here again. Graduation time at Berkeley so rooms were not that easy to find.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

We were greeted by the colony of flies at EVERY exterior door. Room was weirdly humid. Countertops in kitchen and bath were stained. EVERYTHING down to the linens smelled like chicken curry. Shower curtain was moldy. When it was time for bed, pulled back the sheets and there was a BUNDLES OF HAIR ON THE BLANKETS... shot hair, long hair, curly hair, straight hair. GROSS!! Called to the desk to get new blankets, they never came. Our room phone range at 1am, no one on the other end. I would have rather slept in a tent in the neighboring target parking lot.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Comox
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel on the 28th of March. I think this was the dirtiest room ever. Floor in kitchen area was filthy, dirt in the corners and floor made socks dirty. Bathroom sink stopper was not functioning and the sink was grimy. Chunks out of the wall and overall dirty. We travel with 2 westie dogs so this was one of the few hotels that would take pets in the area. Charge per dog was $20 which should be used for extra cleaning, vacuuming etc in a room, not the case here for sure. Hotel was emailed with concerns and no response. Would not recommend

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Clarksburg, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Dirty hotel, horrible staff, seedy area. I put towels down on the pillows as they looked used.. Dried food stuck to the kitchen counter. Lobby and room smelled. Vending machine out of order. Door locked at check in & waited 15 minutes to let in. Paid for the room w/a credit card online & was aske for an add'l $100 deposit @ check in . Was told to write my card # down because the lady "didn't know how to use the machine. 

• Stayed March 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

First I come in last minute, everything's good via Hotwire and they said two beds. We only got one!!!'what the heck....second the room had terrible conditions, is this even a hotel!??! Ghetto area, terrible people the while thing...I bought a room for $80 and they asked for a deposit of over $300 what kinda s**t is that!!!! For a two star crap hotel

• Stayed March 2014
New Orleans, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

This was the worst stay I have ever had at an Extended Stay America or any hotel for that matter ! I have been at other hotels and Extended Stay's in California and other states but this was by far the worst. I have informed my company of the poor accommodations and recommended that they not send or refer any one to this location. The room was on the 1st floor and was supposed to be non-smoking but when we opened the door not only did it smell of smoke but it also had a very pungent odor that remained there our entire stay. We spent our entire evening cleaning the room because no one from housekeeping would assist. There were cigarette ashes in the desk drawer that were not cleaned up from the prior guest. The linoleum floor was buckling which presented a safety hazard. ( I tripped several times). The walls had holes in them and had areas that needed repairing and paint touch-ups. The carpet was filthy ! If I walked on the carpet with white socks, I would have to throw them away because of the black stains from the carpet. Bleach could not get those stains out ! The sheets and the comforter had dark stains on them. My daughter awoke one morning with bug bites on both of her legs ! We were given a Raid Bug Bomb to "bomb" the room to get rid of the bugs / insects. They advertise filtered water. We never had any sort of filtered water. In - fact I found the faucet filter device in a cabinet under the sink. Some of the day staff wasn't helpful. They had attitudes as if I was the problem ! There was one employee who worked the day / evening shift who was helpful but he is no longer with the company by his own choice; might I add. The weekly cleaning didn't always happen and when we did get the cleaning it was haphazardly and poorly done. Instead of using a mop to clean the floors the housekeepers would use a towel and their foot moving back and forth to clean the floors ! I have never seen anything like that before. We had to do our own cleaning. My vehicle as well as others were vandalized in the parking lot. This location has security through the night. Where was the security when my vehicle and others were being vandalized and broken into ????? My billing was different each week. I was being billed every Sunday but then noticed I was being billed on a Tuesday or Wednesday in the middle of the week before a complete week or 7 days could elapse. I checked in on a Sunday and the assistant manager was the one to help me. He set the account up to be billed to my company but he also took my personal credit card number ! This assistant manger is no longer at this location but he has moved on to be a manager at location not far away. Look out !!!! He has no customer service skills and doesn't know how to communicate with guests effectively. All of the issues I experienced were told to the General Manager however nothing was done. All of the staff knew what was going on. No one did anything to make the situation better.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakland
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge
HYATT house Emeryville / San Francisco Bay Area
Courtyard by Marriott Oakland Emeryville
Four Points by Sheraton San Francisco Bay Bridge
Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront
Executive Inn and Suites

Been to Extended Stay America - Oakland - Emeryville? Share your experiences!