“Great overall experience!!” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #26 of 47 Hotels in Oakland
“Great overall experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Very pleasant stay. Had an amazing time. Very clean hotel. Very accommodating. Gentleman names Aaron was very friendly and took care of all of our needs. Definitely would recommend. Without question would stay here again!!

• Stayed January 2013
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Emeryville, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm so glad that you had a great time and that Aaron took care of you during your stay! It’s always wonderful to hear that from our guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Rancho Cucamonga, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Welcoming!! :) A plus was it provides comfy beds. I slept perfect. The on-the-go free breakfast was also a plus. You can never go wrong with free food for breakfast. They were just snack foods, but still FREE!! :D

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed our Grab ‘n Go breakfast! Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Warm welcome by the staff, great location, and I loved the kitchen! The room was very spacious and clean. I will definitely stay here again! I recommend this place to all who want to stay somewhere comfortable, convenient and affordable.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that you loved the staff, location, and the kitchen!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time staying at this location and at a hotel in general. I enjoyed myself and the people at the Front Desk. Valenzia is very sweet and Moses is awesome! My room was clean and I slept well

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so glad that enjoyed your stay, especially Valenzia and Moses at the front desk!

San Francisco East Bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel off and on for about 6 months for months a time while looking for a house to buy in the area. The staff here has gone out of their way to make sure I am comfortable and have everything I need.

The housekeeping staff are exceptional and attentive to my needs and have all been a joy to be around.

The maintenance guy is like “johnny on the spot” whenever you needs something he’s there with a tool in hand and a smile on his face.

The front desk staff are nearly AMAZING. Christy and Justin have helped me with directions, recommendations, faxing and simply just chatting with another person as traveling alone can get a little lonely.

Managers Moses and Aaron are always present and aware of what is going on in their hotel 7 days a week. As a female traveler this makes me feel safe knowing that if something is going on they will take care of it. I see them helping guests, taking trash out or vacuuming the hallways.

There is a Target, Best Buy, Home Depot and Starbucks within walking distance. The FREE city shuttle bus stop is just a block away to take you anywhere in Emeryville or directly to the BART station.

I am not sure where the other reviewers were staying when they posted so many negative comments but I assure you this place is a friendly, comfortable, safe, budget friendly and accommodating facility to stay at when you are traveling the SF Bay Area.

Thanks to your ENTIRE team for all that you do!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm so pleased to hear that we could be your “home away from home” while you were searching for a home in the Bay Area!

It’s great to hear that Aaron, Moses, and the entire front desk always went above and beyond and took such good care of you while you were there! Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Xiamen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel back in October and then again in January. I had a layover on my way to Houston. I read the negative reviews before I made my reservation but thought I would check it out myself anyway; boy was I glad I did. If you are looking for the JW experience you'll have to go to San Francisco and pay the extra $500/night. If you are looking for a comfortable, clean and friendly place to stay for around $100 this is your spot. They went through a "renovation" or so they say last year. It had everything I wanted/needed; free wifi, free breakfast, clean room and friendly staff. The front desk attendant was helpful, the housekeepers were meticulous and I even noticed the manager was rolling up his sleeves helping stock the breakfast!. I will definitely be back!

I am not sure what people were people so upset about the below reviews, perhaps they just wanted anonymous revenge. It's not the JW people, but it's also not the dive people claim it to be below.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the front parking lot, great view of the palms!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Emeryville, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you decided to give us a try back in October! The staff really works hard to create a “home away from home” and it’s great that it gets noticed!

I’m so happy to hear that you enjoyed the "little extras" that our property has to offer. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Myrtle Beach, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

The hotel staff in this facility could not be more accommodating! They helped make the 13 weeks I spent there very comfortable. My special requests were honored without gripe, assisted immediately when needed, greetings in the mornings with AWESOME coffee..and a smile on the busiest of days! Always ready to help, accommodate and assist!! Great group- the cleaning staff were excellent- quick, efficient, and courteous!

The location is perfect if you like to walk and tour, relatively safe for being a city- did ALOT of travel on foot all over town. Grocery store with great prices, neat ethnic eateries, commercial shopping- can't beat it!

Will definitely refer this to a fellow traveler, family or even just for a vacation. The Bay Bridge puts you in San Francisco in 10 minutes. It doesn't get easier than that!

Room Tip: I slept Great in the middle unit on the 3 rd floor. Always going to have issues with footsteps above...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that we could make you feel "at home" while so far away from your own.

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area. I hope your schedule has calmed down a bit so that you can get some rest. See you next time!

Been to Extended Stay America - Oakland - Emeryville? Share your experiences!