“If you are looking for quality” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save
Ranked #3 of 48 Hotels in Oakland
Houston, United States
“If you are looking for quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

very clean, friendly staff, excellent food, view to the bay, easy access to freeway, close to bart station which can take you to San Francisco. If you arriving on week days you can take, from the airport, the air suttle to bart station into Lake Merritt station and call the hotel to pick you up, very convenience, because the cab from the airport can rip you off.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Darcella W, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with our hotel. We strive to get to know each of our guests. I will certainly share your comment with the rest of the staff. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Darcella Wright

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Sacramento, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I am not being treated like a diamond member - I was charged $75.00 for one towel which this hotel said I stained/damaged. This is a lot of money for one towel. My hair was dyed red - and my hair leaves a hue of pink behind on white towels. However, I have white towels at home, and I am able to get the stains out in my washing machine. I asked for a chance to get the stains out, but they didn't let me. They also are not providing me with this stained towel - which is now my property since they've already charged me $75.00 for it. I would like to get this resolved please.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

I would like to apologies for the inconvenience during your last stay. I understand you have spoken with our Front Desk manager and they doing what they can to accommodate your wishes. We will be sending your towel back to you.
South Florida, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

I love to walk so even though this Homewood Suites is not right in the heart of Oakland I found it conveniently located. The walk to the BART station is a little over a mile so I could easily handle that, and once you're on BART the whole of the Bay Area is yours to explore. If you rent a car, the freeway exit is about a block away. Try to get a water view at the back of the hotel, and you'll be very pleased with the view (although a willow tree partially blocked my view--it was planted too close to the building). The garden area is very pleasant with convenient walking paths, and the boat docks add charm and authenticity.

The entire staff is friendly and helpful, and the housekeeper kept our room neat and spotless. The lobby and dining area are cozy, and the breakfast choices were adequate. I appreciated having the complimentary computers in the lobby.

What could be improved upon? The mattress on the bed was cheap and thin, and the sheets seemed worn and did not fit the bed as they should. The sofa bed had a thin and horrible mattress--it was liking sleeping on springs--but they did furnish a thick pad to place over it, which improved the experience. Good coffee isn't hard to make. I don't understand why theirs is so bad. But Starbucks is right next door, so every morning it was off to Starbucks!

Overall, I would stay here again and recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Definitely get a room at the back with a view of the water.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for selecting our hotel for your recently stay. We strive to get to know each of our guests. Thank you for your feedback on what we can do to improve. I will share your recommendation to the general manager and our head of housekeeping. I hope that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Odessa, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel and was very pleased. Room was comfortable and clean.
Had view of the waterfront which was a welcome sight, (I live in the desert) and the landscaping was very well designed.
Price was very reasonable ,bed was very comfortable. Room was quiet.
Breakfast was good and selection was fair.
Would I stay again? Yes!
Good job overall to the staff and management.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Stockton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I always look for Hilton hotels when I arrive in a town this hotel was very clean, the staff was super friendly, the food was awesome, I would recommend this hotel to everyone & I will stay here every time I'm in Oakland.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Federal Way, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

This hotel is one of the best! The 4 days of my stay I experienced exceptional service. From the Front Desk to Housekeeping; all was excellent. Thank you for providing comfort and hospitality all the way around. In short; GREAT STAY!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Woodbridge, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I highly recommend this hotel for those who like the extras made available at very reasonable costs. The complimentary breakfast and dinner pushed the experience over the top and the staff was always receptive and helpful at every turn. Special instructions to the cleaning staff felt like routine and made the stay that much more enjoyable. The staff was pleasant, the view was spectacular, and the experience one I want again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Darcella Wright

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront? Share your experiences!