“lovely setting” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 47 hotels in Oakland
A TripAdvisor Member
“lovely setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We chose the waterview side, and loved every minute of it! Pink clouds in the morning and red sky in the evening. We loved the bugle playing in the morning and in the evening for the flag ceremony of the military compound across the water. Loved the view of the boats right under our window. Great bed, lovely pool, great people. A great complementary breakfast with eggs, pastry, sausages, waffles. We had to stick to fruit, cereals and coffee because we are vegan. Our third stay there, definitively our favorite place when in Oakland!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Darcella W, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with our hotel. We strive to get to know each of our guests. I will certainly share your comment with the rest of the staff. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

416 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
oakland, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

room was smelled horrile/food had no taste at taste all like eating paper/trying and at least have a meal worthing eating givin the smell of the room. I thought this was goingto be a nice stay since it was my daught sweet 16th birthday, she brought a friend I was so imbrass.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Darcella W, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay with us. The comfort of our guests is my number one concern and I appreciate your speed in bringing this incident to my attention and allowing me to follow up with the hotel team. If I can assist you further, please let me know. Thank you.

Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

It was with trepidation that I booked two rooms at this hotel. When I looked at the online map, in one direction it faces the water--aah, lovely. In the other, Interstate 880--oops. But, seeing how I needed rooms with two beds and where dogs were allowed, I booked it. But I assumed it was going to be a rough night's sleep from the blare of traffic so close by.

I was wrong.

I don't know how they do it, but even though our room faced the freeway side of the building, we didn't hear a thing. In fact, we both had one of the deepest sleeps ever.

The grounds facing the water are gorgeous. There are picnic tables where you can sit and eat their plentiful free breakfast and gaze at boats. The staff is fun and extremely helpful. There is a Starbucks just next door.

A final advantage...it took but 10 seconds to get back on the freeway when we departed.

Room Tip: If you can get a room facing the water. The view is worth it.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Arcade, NY, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

It was out first Homewood Suites experience. Value/room rates was excellent and complimentary evening reception and breakfasts were very good. Hotel staff was very helpful with suggestions on how to get around in San Francisco. Complimentary shuttle to the ferry was very convenient.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Phoenix, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Loved it! Loved it! This was a great option. I ended up staying in Oakland because SF was completely booked due to America's Cup and a huge business conference. I was skeptical having no choice but to stay on the east side of the bay. I was completely surprised in a very pleasant manner at the friendliness of the staff, the superb cleaniness of the hotel. I'm not sure if my room was remodeled or if the hotel itself is new, but it was great.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

My initial impression while driving to the hotel was a little concerning since the area is industrial but I was very pleased once I arrived. The waterfront location is great and there is a nice walking path on the bayside of the hotel. The room I had was not on the bayside (unfortunately) but it was very quiet and I never noticed any freeway noice at all. The room was very large and had a full kitchen. The bed was very comfortable with a lot of pillows. The bathroom was nice in that the shower and toilet were separated and made it easy for 2 people to get ready. I wasn't there for their evening meals but the menu I saw looked very good. The breakfast had an ample supply and a variety of choices. I would stay here again if I am in the area. I never felt anything but safe staying here and saw a security in the parking area each night.

Room Tip: Bayside rooms have great view but can be expensive
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Aylesbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights and found this hotel to be in a great location outside of SF and worth the money since we found that most hotels within SF had upped their prices due to the Americas Cup and IT Convention. I would recommend this hotel as its clean, comfortable and has friendly reception staff. As well as a great choice of cold or hot breakfast, plus during the weekdays they provide you with an evening meal and drinks! What more can you ask for! Alternatively, there is a restaurant called Quinns just down the road. We would also recommend catching the ferry from Jack London Square. The nearby car park is free if you validate your car park ticket as you board the ferry. This is far cheaper than parking in SF car parks!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Darcella Wright

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront? Share your experiences!