“Like Family” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Anacortes, Washington
“Like Family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I have enjoyed my stays at the hotel very much over the last couple years. I have continued to stay at this hotel because of the Staff very caring and professional from the time I check in till I check out, they are my away from home family. Their Sales director Darcella has assisted my family, coworkers and myself with our travel needs. She is the Greatest, always Professional and caring and goes out of her way to make our travel remembered Thank you Darcella. and thank you all very much and look forward to many more stays with the Hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Darcella W, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Ken we always enjoy you staying with us. You are apart of our Homewood Family! We strive high to make our guest happy and provide the best service possible. I will certainly share your comment with the rest of the staff. We look forward you coming back to Oakland.

Darcella Wright

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Dear Mr. Brown,

Although it has been a very long work day, I wanted to take a few moments to praise your staff.

I am a diamond member and as such, I do travel extensively throughout the year so I do very much understand and appreciate good customer service.

Tonight, I arrived from work to the hotel just a few minutes past 7 pm so the staff had just finished putting the dinner food away. As I walked through the lobby, I reached to take an apple and simply made a comment to the front desk person about having missed dinner time and that the apple was going to be my dinner for tonight. Without hesitation Courtney offered to go to the kitchen to see if there was food left. A few minutes later she came out with a plate of warm food for me. Words cannot express how grateful I was for this. You are fortunate to have Courtney in your team.

In addition, I also wanted to recognize a couple of other team members, Olivia and Gabby. I truly appreciate hearing Gabby's charming personality. Her laugh is contiguous.... She brings a smile to my face while I enjoy your delicious breakfast and dinner.

Olivia is also very pleasant when I fill my plate with food. She is very on top of things... I really enjoy her positive attitude.

Congratulations on having the "A" team on your side.

Ps: I am staying in room 327

Room Tip: Ocean view is the way to go! It's worth paying a little extra...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
portland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I truly have to say my stay at comfort suites was very enjoyable . When one is away from home for several months it is so delightful to be greeted daily with so many smiling faces. Guest were attended to with such care and professionalism. I tried to book a run tonight in Yakima Washington but they were filled. I look forward to using Hilton in the near future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Darcella W, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with our hotel. We strive high to make our guest happy and provide the best service possible. I will certainly share your comment with the rest of the staff. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

The 2-bedroom suite served very well for the first few days my husband and I meet my parents from China. It provided enough privacy while also providing enough common space for family activities, with shared living room and kitchen. The room condition was pretty satisfactory, and the backyard was nice for a walk. No complaints other than maybe a little too close to the highway. But the noise is not too bad after the windows are shut. BTW I did not know they even serve complimentary dinner from 5-7 pm!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

We are very pleased you enjoyed the 2-bedroom suites and the comfort of our hotel. We strive high to make our guest happy and provide the best service possible. I will certainly share your comment with the rest of the staff. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Nashville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I was on business, but I brought my husband and 3 yr old daughter with me. The location of the hotel is a bit isolated for pedestrians (but close to the freeway), so if you have a car (free parking), it is no problem, and with the hotel's free shuttle service and taxis, it is easily managed. Furthermore, they more than made up for that with the quality and value of my stay. Because the room was so much less than other hotels -mostly located in the downtown area, I was a little nervous that I would be disappointed, but instead I was incredibly impressed with everything about our visit. We chose to stay on the bayside in a suite, based on others' recommendations that this would be quieter (freeway and train tracks in the front). The room was beautiful with a vaulted ceiling and had everything we needed and was spacious and comfortable, the breakfast was outstanding-- the best hot complimentary breakfast I've ever had, and I was surprised at how nice the evening reception was as well. Our view was great over the bay, and the park-like landscaping in the back was very pleasant. All of the staff I encountered were extremely helpful and kind, and it was truly a pleasure to stay there. Another bonus, only 10 min to the Oakland Airport. Overall, I'd highly recommend this hotel and would stay there again if I go back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Ashley, we are very pleased you and your family enjoyed the comforts of our hotel. We strive high to make our guest happy and provide the best service possible. I will certainly share your comment with the rest of the staff. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

My experience was wonderful. I was in town to go to school - the breakfast was wonderful, the shuttle van saved me (it was more than convenient) and the staff was extremely informative. The noise on the street side was only a minor drawback - I recommend you reserve a waterfront room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Darcella W, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
We are very pleased you enjoyed the comfort of our hotel. We strive high to make our guest happy and provide the best service possible. I will certainly share your comment with the rest of the staff. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Darcella Wrigt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

My now husband and I just had our wedding at the Piedmont Community Hall, and used the Homewood Suites as our "home base" for the weekend's events. I wish I could give this place 10 stars for the way they accommodated us, our wedding party, and our friends and family!!

First, the prices are SO reasonable considering how pretty this place is - the website just doesn't do it justice! Its literally right on the water. Second, it's a super conveniently located place (15 min from the Piedmont, and just a couple of minutes from the Lake Merrit area.) For a wedding it was great because they have a gorgeous outdoor area by the water for "visiting", and large two room suites with full fridges and living areas where you can get ready. (If your have researched the Piedmont Community Hall at all for a wedding, you know there aren't many hotels in that area.)

Really what made this place so special for us was the staff. Maryanne worked with me to put together the weekend, booking a room for our rehearsal dinner (a super fun "fiesta" from taco grill - cheap and easy), and two suites for the ladies and men to get ready in. Maryanne made sure the suites were in separate buildings (so the groom didn't see me the day of!) with patio access in both. She also had a bottle of wine waiting for us when we arrived! She totally took the stress out of all of those logistics that are really so important the weekend of your big day!

My one note to someone using this place for a wedding: checkout is at noon. I booked the suites for the night before the wedding, then a regular room for my husband and I the night of, leaving a three hour gap between check out and check in. I was very fortunate to extend out check out a couple of hours so we could finish getting ready, but if I could do it all again I would just keep the suite through the next day to avoid the stress.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Darcella Wright

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront? Share your experiences!