“Dinner ends early, no extra pillows” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save
Ranked #3 of 47 hotels in Oakland
El Portal, Ca.
“Dinner ends early, no extra pillows”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Dinner ends at 645, and no extra pillows, even though front desk promised they were on they way
Had to purchase pillows previous night as embassy suites dropped the ball too
traveling with a damaged shoulder so sleep was a challenge
breakfast was good and a value

Room Tip: nice location on the bay
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Darcella W, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
We’ve very sorry this occurred. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at Homewood Suites. Your feedback will be taken into consideration. Again, I’d like to offer my sincerest apologies.

416 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Randallstown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Hello, I have been visiting this hotel for a long time because of the work I do. I must say this was one of the best times I have had. The Food GOOD! The room was nice. I would like to say Thank you to Ryan, who kept the Beer flowing during Happy Hour, Olivia and Courtney for keep all the food hot and more importantly good and fresh and to Ms. Ron for always smiling and keeping the front desl happy and welcoming! See you all Soon on my next visit!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
We are very pleased you enjoyed the comfort of our hotel. We strive high to make our guest happy and provide the best service possible. I will certainly share your comment with the rest of the staff. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon
Williamsville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed in the studio suite which was biger then expected. and had an excellent view of the Marina. Room was very clean . Breakfast buffet was great and had plenty to choose from. . Dinner reception was better then expected, meals were hot and the complimentary drinks are a welcome bonus after a long day. The Staff was very friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Michelle We strive high to make our guest happy and provide the best service possible. We are pleased your enjoying your stay with us. I will certainly share your comment with the rest of the staff. Hopefully you will come back and see us.
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I used to drive past these I-580 hotels on the way to Oakland Airport thinking you'd stay there, next to the highway, overlooking Oakland....yuk.
Well...I will, from now on. How beautiful! The property is clean, well appointed, well staffed, great food for breakfast and "dinner"......the suites are wonderful and the entire back of hotel overlooks the waterfront with sail boats, glistening water, walkways....just terrific.
I will be back......really wonderful! And the staff is AAAAA+++++++!!!!!!

Room Tip: I've stayed in front and back...all are sound proofed so it really doesn't matter. Obviously...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Linda we are pleased your enjoying your stay with us. We strive high to make our guest happy and provide the best service possible. I will certainly share your comment with the rest of the staff. Hopefully you will come back and see us.

Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Checked in on July 2012 and will be checking out on May 2013. Excellent place to stay with a beautiful view of the marina. Great breakfast and dinner plus the complimentary beer and wine. The 10 plus month stay was great. Thanks Connie, Ron, Courtney, Cindy, Carlos, Nora and Josie for always greeting me upon my return. To Norm and Ryan thanks for taking me and picking me up when needed. Thank you Darcella and Mary Ann for taking care of all my reservations when I had company come into town. Charles Brown you have a great staff and it does make a difference when you mingle with the guest during dinner.

Room Tip: Ocean View very relaxing
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Gary we are pleased your enjoying your stay with us. You are a guest the all hotels would want to stay with them. We strive high to make our guest happy and provide the best service possible. I will certainly share your comment with the rest of the staff. We will miss you when you’re gone. Hopefully you will come back and see us.

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Homewood Suites are the #1 choice for my business partner and me when traveling together. We always work right up to our client presentations and Homewood Suites allow us to share a central work area, yet have our own private areas with private baths. The "free" dinner and breakfasts are also a nice benefit when you are short on time.

This particular Homewood is one of the best because even though it doesn't have a fireplace, it has a fantastic view of the Oakland waterfront with balconies in the main living room. It is too bad I spent all my time in the room working and didn't have time for a cold one on the balcony, but last time we were here I did have time to relax and hopefully when we are back in the future I'll get the chance again.

If you're in Oakland traveling with another person, but don't want to share a single hotel room, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Water front room is the ONLY way to go.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

We have a 2 bedroom suite and loved staying at Homewood Suites from the east coast to west coast. Needless to say when we returned this afternoon after being gone since early AM we were disappointed to return to a room that was not cleaned. Neither bedroom or bath had been touched. I called the front desk and they did send someone to the room to fix the error. Still after being gone all day and wanted to come back and relax I was not happy about the shape of our room when we returned.

Stayed April 2013
Darcella W, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
We’re very sorry this occurred. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at Homewood Suites. Your feedback will be taken into consideration. I will make sure I share your concerns with the Housekeeping staff. I hope if you’re back in the Oakland area you will stay with us again.

Director of Sales

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront? Share your experiences!