Save Saved
Ranked #3 of 47 hotels in Oakland
Fresno, California
“Gi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Checked in on July 2012 and will be checking out on May 2013. Excellent place to stay with a beautiful view of the marina. Great breakfast and dinner plus the complimentary beer and wine. The 10 plus month stay was great. Thanks Connie, Ron, Courtney, Cindy, Carlos, Nora and Josie for always greeting me upon my return. To Norm and Ryan thanks for taking me and picking me up when needed. Thank you Darcella and Mary Ann for taking care of all my reservations when I had company come into town. Charles Brown you have a great staff and it does make a difference when you mingle with the guest during dinner.

Room Tip: Ocean View very relaxing
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Darcella W, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Gary we are pleased your enjoying your stay with us. You are a guest the all hotels would want to stay with them. We strive high to make our guest happy and provide the best service possible. I will certainly share your comment with the rest of the staff. We will miss you when you’re gone. Hopefully you will come back and see us.

414 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Homewood Suites are the #1 choice for my business partner and me when traveling together. We always work right up to our client presentations and Homewood Suites allow us to share a central work area, yet have our own private areas with private baths. The "free" dinner and breakfasts are also a nice benefit when you are short on time.

This particular Homewood is one of the best because even though it doesn't have a fireplace, it has a fantastic view of the Oakland waterfront with balconies in the main living room. It is too bad I spent all my time in the room working and didn't have time for a cold one on the balcony, but last time we were here I did have time to relax and hopefully when we are back in the future I'll get the chance again.

If you're in Oakland traveling with another person, but don't want to share a single hotel room, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Water front room is the ONLY way to go.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

We have a 2 bedroom suite and loved staying at Homewood Suites from the east coast to west coast. Needless to say when we returned this afternoon after being gone since early AM we were disappointed to return to a room that was not cleaned. Neither bedroom or bath had been touched. I called the front desk and they did send someone to the room to fix the error. Still after being gone all day and wanted to come back and relax I was not happy about the shape of our room when we returned.

Stayed April 2013
Darcella W, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
We’re very sorry this occurred. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at Homewood Suites. Your feedback will be taken into consideration. I will make sure I share your concerns with the Housekeeping staff. I hope if you’re back in the Oakland area you will stay with us again.

Director of Sales
Hayward, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

You really cant beat the location for a stay in the Oakland Area.
On the water, nice view, wonderful stay.
Carlos Rosales and Connie were very accomodating. They made sure to help us fine tune our stay and we opted to upgrade to a better room (reasonable prices make everything possible!) and we enjoyed our stay even more!
Breakfast included. Near Jack London Square. Everett and Jones was incredible!

Room Tip: Choose a water view for the best experience!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Darcella W, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Vancouver Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We decided on this hotel because it is pet friendly, has suites with full kitchens and is on the waterfront in Oakland. Homewood Suites has exceeded our expectations. The staff is terrific, friendly and genuinely interested in making your stay as perfect as can be. The suites are very clean with lovely furnishings and the grounds are beautiful. Location is ideal. Breakfeasts and evening meals are complimentary including wine and beer and are delicious! Fresh everything is available. I can't say enough about this place. We are spending 4 days here, looking after our 5 year old granddaughter, who lives 10 minutes away - in a 'no dogs allowed' apartment, so finding a place suitable for looking after her during the day which is close by was a last minute challenge we were not certain we could deal with. Thank you Homewood Suites for making it so easy!! We will be back...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I have made 4-5 trips to Oakland and have special needs. Cindy and Connie have been amazing in helping with my special needs. The food in the morning is great. The shuttle is a great resource. I cannot say enough for the rooms which are clean. the bed is so comfortable. The Internet is free. It has been a great find!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel every 3 weeks for 2 nights each stay, since August of 2012. We tried several other Hilton Hotels in the San Francisco- Oakland area- This is by FAR the place to stay!

The location is great no matter what direction you are going- easy on and off the freeway. Being next to the bay is wonderful- even a city side room. There's a boardwalk with benches and little private areas along the water. It's clean, and the guests AND the staff are friendly- but better still... They are HAPPY- not just being nice to you because it's their job:-) a Huge plus. It's relaxed. The breakfast is good , with several choices.

We have stayed here enough that there have occasionally been issues or problems... The best part is they acknowledge them, fix them and make sure you are happy and comfortable.

This hotel has the "BEST" front desk staff We have ever encountered! No question about it!! And they are empowered to deal with issues :-) and they do.

There is one very special front desk person... Her name is Ron- if you are so lucky as to check in when she's there you will agree- she's fabulous! She makes you feel "special". We come from Northern CA every 3 weeks because my husband has cancer and is in a clinical trial- after a VERY long trip and infusion all the next day- we come back here to little things she has done for us that just melts away the stress. If she were to go to a different hotel to work ... We would have to follow her :-) as much as we love this hotel!

You can't go wrong here, unless you aren't possible to please:-) they have everything you could ever want! We highly recommend Homewood Suites at the Oakland Waterfront!!

• Stayed March 2013
We are very pleased you enjoyed the comfort of our hotel. We strive high to make our guest happy and provide the best service possible. I will certainly share your comment with the rest of the staff. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Darcella Wright

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront? Share your experiences!