“Pleaseant Hotel - Disappointing Service” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save
Ranked #3 of 48 Hotels in Oakland
Sacramento, California
“Pleaseant Hotel - Disappointing Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

This hotel was very convenient for our needs, and it's located right on the estuary, across from Alameda island. The room was comfortable and clean. Breakfast was quite good and included several hot items, such as potatoes and waffles.

Unfortunately, our room was on the freeway side of the hotel, and we could hear the freeway noise even above the television and heater noise. We asked the front desk person if we could move to another room, perhaps on the estuary side. The gentleman at the front desk refused to assist us because we made our booking through Expedia, and advised us that we would have to contact them for any room changes. In other words, we were in an "Expedia room."

I have always had pleaseant experiences in Hilton hotels. I will suggest to the Homewood Suites management that after checking in, I am their customer, not Expedia's. Unfortunately, the person missed their chance at good customer service, and this is what I will most remember from the experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Darcella W, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
We are sorry we were not able to accommodate your request to change rooms and not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at Homewood Suites by Oakland. I will discuss your concerns to my front desk staff. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon and you experience the waterside.

Darcella Wright

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Excellent at all levels. The hotel room, the service, the cleanliness, and the breakfast and dinner (invcluded) were excellent. I enjoyed talking w with the manager about my delightful stay. My wife travels a weekly and this will be added to her list of preferred hotels. .......................... .................

• Stayed March 2013
We are very pleased you enjoyed the comfort of our hotel. We strive high to make our guest happy and provide the best service possible. I will certainly share your comment with the rest of the staff. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We traveled to the Homewood Suites in Oakland for a youth rowing regatta. We had 138 people in our group, in approximately 40 rooms at the hotel. Travelling with such a large group can be a logistical nightmare, but the staff at the hotel was more than ready for our arrival. When the kids arrived at the hotel, the keys were ready and staff was waiting in the lobby to direct traffic to different parts of the hotel. The next morning, they opened the breakfast buffet for the group early so we could get to the racecourse.
I also have to mention that we changed rooms around many times prior to our arrival in Oakland, and the hotel staff was more than accomodating.
The waterfront location is really nice, the rooms are large, and the food is great. We loved the hotel, and it is our preferred hotel when we visit Oakland.

Room Tip: The rooms on the water side are the nicest rooms in the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Darcella W, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this review, March 8, 2013

Campbell, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Beautiful bay on the one side, complimentary breakfast AND dinner, spacious suite rooms, friendly and helpful staff, wonderful food, and a great location. This hotel deserves a 5 star rating. I will definitely stay here again no matter what kind of trip I have.

Room Tip: Be weary of rooms near the electrical room. The even number rooms here face the highway, odd ones f...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We met our daughter and son in law at this hotel. We were somewhat apprehensive about Oakland waterfront near Coast Guard Island figuring somewhere in downtown Oakland or Emeryville or SF would have been better.

What we found was a clean hotel with suites, breakfast (full) everyday and wine and beer and dinner Monday thru Thursday all included in the price.

Hotel management and staff were wonderful.

A world of caution: Rooms 332 and 232 are very small, so negotiate the rate. Our room was a full suite with 2 burner stove, microwave, dishwasher and big frig.

The hotel is about 8 miles from the Oakland a/p and an easy trip from the a/p. The even number rooms look out on the I 880 and BART and freight tracks, but he odd number rooms are water views of Coast Guard Island and the scullers.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Albany, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I had a great, clean room overlooking the Embarcadero Estuary. From Ron at the front-desk, to Olivia, who helped serve the delicious meals during the Manager's Reception, to the maintanence guy who helped me out almost instantly when my thermostat went wonky... they were all smiling, gracious, helpful, and most of all, they really cared. Really awesome place, and if i am ever back in Oakland, i will be staying there.

Room Tip: be sure and ask for a waterfront room!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Everett, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I was pleasantly pleased with everything. The family atmosphere of the staff was most noticed. The room was excellent and housekeeping exquisite. It is right off the freeway and is 10 mins at the most from downtown. The shuttle service to downtown Oakland was a big plus. The shuttle driver went above and beyond to make sure that I was able see a jazz show and not miss the last shuttle time. All the staff from the front desk were great. The ladies at the food line (yes, breakfast and dinner were complimentary) were vvery friendly....my kind of people.

The complimentary wines were excellent taste!

Thank you all.

Room Tip: By the gym.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Darcella Wright

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront? Share your experiences!