“The Best Hilton Property I have ever had the pleasure of visiting!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront

Special Offer
Book now and save
Ranked #3 of 47 hotels in Oakland
Albany, Georgia
“The Best Hilton Property I have ever had the pleasure of visiting!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I had a great, clean room overlooking the Embarcadero Estuary. From Ron at the front-desk, to Olivia, who helped serve the delicious meals during the Manager's Reception, to the maintanence guy who helped me out almost instantly when my thermostat went wonky... they were all smiling, gracious, helpful, and most of all, they really cared. Really awesome place, and if i am ever back in Oakland, i will be staying there.

Room Tip: be sure and ask for a waterfront room!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Darcella W, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
We are very pleased you enjoyed the comfort of our hotel. We strive high to make our guest happy and provide the best service possible. I will certainly share your comment with the rest of the staff. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

418 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Everett, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I was pleasantly pleased with everything. The family atmosphere of the staff was most noticed. The room was excellent and housekeeping exquisite. It is right off the freeway and is 10 mins at the most from downtown. The shuttle service to downtown Oakland was a big plus. The shuttle driver went above and beyond to make sure that I was able see a jazz show and not miss the last shuttle time. All the staff from the front desk were great. The ladies at the food line (yes, breakfast and dinner were complimentary) were vvery friendly....my kind of people.

The complimentary wines were excellent taste!

Thank you all.

Room Tip: By the gym.

Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I have been here for a week and still have one more week to stay on business. Ron (a lady) on the front desk is wonderful. She is so pleasant, accommodating and nice. It's a pleasure to return to the hotel every evening. The rooms are typical suites with all the appropriate amenities. Housekeeping does a great job daily. The breakfast each morning is absolutely terrific. Dinner is exceptional every evening. It is a FULL meal: soup, salad, meat, vegetable, and potato or rice. Olivia serves the meal every evening Monday through Thursday. She does a great job. Everything is always fresh and tastes wonderful and the beer and wine are also included. There area surrounding the hotel is not the greatest, but it is Oakland. There is a Quiznos and Starbucks right next door. However, for dinner on the weekends, you will need to take a taxi or drive. Last but not least, request a water view. The other side of the hotel faces the railroad tracks and the highway. Again, I would recommend this hotel. The staff, full breakfast and dinner Monday through Thursday and terrific! They also have a free shuttle for the 2 mile surrounding area.

Room Tip: Ask for the 3rd floor, water view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Darcella W, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
We are very pleased you enjoyed the comfort of our hotel. We strive high to make our guest happy and provide the best service possible. I will certainly share your comment to Ron and the rest of the staff. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is nice close to the bay on the back u can see nice place to walk around ,and the staff here server are the best they are helpful ,and nice and the most I like is the room clean every day I come back from work.here are the good staff that if u need help they are there for u.is.Nora olive Ron ,Connie they are very good staff and very nice thank them a lot for the help.o

• Stayed March 2012
We are very pleased you enjoyed the comfort of our hotel. We strive high to make our guest happy and provide the best service possible. I will certainly share your comments to Nora, Olivia, Ron & Connie and the rest of the staff. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Darcella Wrigh
San Jose, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this Homewood Suites. The staff was warm, welcome and very helpful. The large breakfast buffet, which was included, was a pleasant surprise with it's variety and choices: two types of eggs (boiled & scrambled), three kinds of cold cereal plus hot oatmeal, whole and cut fresh fruits, pastries, breads, sausage patties, yogurt, etc. Even the most picky or diet restricted person will find something to eat. The dining area overlooks the estuary and there is a nice path to walk along the water. The room was not large but comfortable with a mini bar area with a small microwave and refrigerator. The only complaint was that the bath water never got hot enough. But all in all, it is definitely a great place if you need to be in the East Bay, right off the freeway. We had a room on the water side so I don't know how noisy the rooms got on the freeway side.

Room Tip: Ask for the water side, which is quieter.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your detailed comments about your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback as this is the best gauge by which we can measure our success and make changes where necessary and appropriate. I will address the temperature of the bath water with my maintenance department. We will certainly share your insights with the entire team and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This hotel is situated between the bay and the freeway/train tracks. I stayed here before on the bay side, and it was very nice. We had a suite, and it was very quiet. This time I went there on business and stayed on the freeway/train track side. It was quite noisy, and the room was small (I would not call it a suite). The desk chair was extremely uncomfortable (poor ergonomics), while I was working on my laptop. Don't stay here unless you can get a real suite on the water side.

Room Tip: Be sure to stay on the side facing the bay.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of service you deserve. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at Homewood Suites. We appreciate your feedback and I will be reaching out to you in order to make this right.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We booked a few rooms for a weekend so we could spend some time with friends. The location was great! The rooms are wonderful and seem so luxurious for the price! We really enjoyed the hot breakfast/ create your own waffle station. The staff there is AMAZING. Connie was absolutely the best, she did anything and everything we asked. The Manager even shuttled us into Alameda when the taxi never showed. THANK YOU for a memorable weekend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
We are very pleased you enjoyed the comfort of our hotel. We strive high to make our guest happy and provide the best service possible. I will certainly share your comment to Connie and the rest of the staff. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Darcella wright

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront? Share your experiences!