“The best in Oakland” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 48 Hotels in Oakland
San Antonio, Texas
“The best in Oakland”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed a this hotel on February 14-15 for business. It was fantastic. The rooms were clean and it was quiet and well kept. The staff was amazing friendly and has a "can do" attitude. I love the convenient location as it is close to everything, but not in everything. Being close to the water and nature and walking trails and Jack London Square is a plus. I would highly recommend this hotel and it is my first choice when I stay in Oakland or the East Bay.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Darcella W, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for your stay at the Homewood Suites and for taking the time to share your comments. We sincerely appreciated your feedback and your kind words.. We take pride in providing every guest with great experience; we hope to see you back soon.
Darcella Wright

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I stayed at this location on business in January. It was nice to get out of the cold and snow because the weather was beautiful. I had a room facing the marina and I requested this based on the reviews I read prior to my trip. The view was nice and it was quiet. I was disappointed with the decor of the room I had. It apparently has not been updated because it was nothing like what I expect in a Homewood Suites or a Hilton property. I requested to change my room but was told that they were full and were unable to grant my request because the only available rooms they had (this was after I was told they were full) were more expensive. I was under the impression that as a Hilton Honors Gold Member, I could get a free room upgrade. The day I checked out there was a very nice and helpful lady at the front desk who went out her way to help me. I was not feeling well and she went out of her way to assit me with taxi arrangements, rental car return and was genuinely concerned. She was awsome!!! If I return to the area, I might have to look at the hotel ranked #1 in the area as opposed to returning to this location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Darcella W, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services and amenities you deserve. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at Homewood suites. We appreciate your feedback and I will share you comments with the staff. We hope you see back at the Homewood Suites.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

The trip we had on the first week of Feb 2013 is not for pleasure but for a family emergency. It was not a planned out of town vacation like what we usually do. We ended up in this hotel around 9pm and Courtney was in the front desk who's very charming and courteous. We also met Rick, I think he's a maintenance guy, who happens to be cleaning the lobby. I love the rate that Courtney gave us, and the room is very family friendly. I didn't remember everybody's name, but all of the staff are extremely nice, from the breakfast area to the front desk and the housekeeping. In times like this, when you're facing difficulties, it's really nice to know that a simple Hi and nice smile helps us feel a little better. We planned to just stay for one night and look for another place but we ended up extending our stay in this hotel. Thanks everyone! We will always consider you for all of our out of town trips.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

My family stayed at the Homewood Suites for a week and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff was friendly and helpful and addressed any questions or issues that we had. We stayed in a Suite suite facing the water with a tranquil view. There was plenty of room for our 14 - month old daughter to romp around and enjoy herself! The complimentary paper, breakfast buffet (each day!), dinner reception in the lounge and fresh fruit was a real treat! The walk along the water around the backside of the building was very serene. We felt secure due to the fact that entry required a guest key swipe at all doors after 10 pm and for most doors at other times except the front entrances. Parking was convenient and free and the ameneties included a fitness room, business center and laundry (which we used!) We didn't get to enjoy the pool or spa because it was winter. I would highly recommend the Homewood Suites to anyone traveling in the Bay Area. It is close enough to San Francisco and conveniently located off of the Freeway. If our travels bring us back to Oakland, this wonderful hotel will be our choice!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest, Thank you for your stay at the Homewood Suites and for taking the time to share your comments. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and your kind words. We will certainly share your insights with the entire team and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stayed 7 nights and enjoyed our stay immensely. The rooms were clean, quiet, had a beautiful view of the waterfront and lots of great sunsets. Every morning we enjoyed a full hot breakfast. The location is right off of the Nimitz Freeway with easy access. Their free shuttle vans provide transportation to nearby shopping and restaurants. .Our seven night stay here was greatly enhanced by the friendly staff and by comfortable, spacious one bed hotel room, complete with a small living room, kitchen sink, fridge, microwave, and cozy bed made us feel at home after coming home from a long day of sightseeing around the bay. We look forward to staying there in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Love this property for years now. Staff was superb. They gave me a room on the water with a door to outside for my puppy (Thank you!). Sunsets are phenomenal on the bay here especially with the delicious food (Olivia serves it with a smile). I stay here whenever possible when I work nearby at Coast Guard Island (5 minute commute!)

Room Tip: Get waterside if available, cityview is nice but has traffic noise
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Darcella W, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you very much for your detailed comments about your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback as this is the best gauge by which we can measure our success and make changes where necessary and appropriate. We are very pleased you enjoyed our convenient location near the Coast Guard Island. We will certainly share your insights with the entire team and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Director of Sales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

We booked a room for Saturday, Feb 2nd 2013! I knew that check in was 3pm, so I called prior to arrival and spoke with CONNIE! She was courteous, polite and really friendly! She informed me that they were sold out but she would try her best to fulfil my request! And she did! I was able to check in at 1230! Wonderful! We scheduled the conference room for a small event that held about 40 people! The conference room was clean and set up (even though we decided to change the set up lol) one of the workers MIGUEL helped us and even came back to check an hour or so later to ask if everything was okay and he took out the trash! Great service! Later on in the day when the event was taking place the manager CARLOS and front desk attendant COURTNEY were super helpful and offered us as much assistance as we needed! I would recommend this hotel to anyone! It was clean! The room was spotless and the bed was comfy! But honestly the staff made this experience completely wonderful! Thank you for the outstanding customer service!

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you very much for your detailed comments about your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback as this is the best gauge by which we can measure our success and make changes where necessary and appropriate. We will certainly share your insights with the entire team and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Director of Sales

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront? Share your experiences!