“Great Place to Stay! Wonderful staff!!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save
Ranked #3 of 47 hotels in Oakland
“Great Place to Stay! Wonderful staff!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

We booked a room for Saturday, Feb 2nd 2013! I knew that check in was 3pm, so I called prior to arrival and spoke with CONNIE! She was courteous, polite and really friendly! She informed me that they were sold out but she would try her best to fulfil my request! And she did! I was able to check in at 1230! Wonderful! We scheduled the conference room for a small event that held about 40 people! The conference room was clean and set up (even though we decided to change the set up lol) one of the workers MIGUEL helped us and even came back to check an hour or so later to ask if everything was okay and he took out the trash! Great service! Later on in the day when the event was taking place the manager CARLOS and front desk attendant COURTNEY were super helpful and offered us as much assistance as we needed! I would recommend this hotel to anyone! It was clean! The room was spotless and the bed was comfy! But honestly the staff made this experience completely wonderful! Thank you for the outstanding customer service!

• Stayed February 2013
Darcella W, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you very much for your detailed comments about your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback as this is the best gauge by which we can measure our success and make changes where necessary and appropriate. We will certainly share your insights with the entire team and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Director of Sales

420 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Ridgefield, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I could not say more about this hotel. The accommodations are superb and the folks there tend to our most minute requests. First, upon arrival we found that MSNBC was not on the TV select stations ... I called the office, gently complained, the office gal passed along the message and within 15 minutes Charles the mgr called back, another 15 minutes and we had our station. Then in the middle of the next night the toilet plugged up ... 10 minutes later Miguel appeared bucket in hand and without complaint he took care of our problem. Then on departure in the confusion of packing the car I left my brief-case with all my computer stuff, bluetooth speaker, headphones, cables, chargers, along with my iPad and MacBook Pro, two months of notes for a class I just taught at church. An hour and a half later after discovering my blunder I sped back to Homewood where my "babies" had been turned in by a very honest, caring young man I'd spoken to just before checking out. Faith restored again in the goodness of most people and great professionals at Homewood Suites in Oakland at the Waterfront. Thanks to you all.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Darcella W, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you very much for your detailed comments about your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback as this is the best gauge by which we can measure of success and make changes where necessary and appropriate. We will certainly share your in sights with the entire team and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I recently spent a night at the Homewood suite by Hilton Hotel. The staff were amazing, we arrived early in the morning for a conference my husband was attending. The front desk help me retrieve our luggage and the shuttle driver then drove me to the BART station an hour later so that I could spend the day in San Francisco. When I checked into the hotel that afternoon, we were given an beautiful room with a view of the harbor. The staff even called a few hours later to make sure that we were happy. This is a great hotel, next to the ferry to Jack London Square.

Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in January for business. Checked in fairly late on a Monday

Room was outdated, had to hunt for outlets to plug in my computer, cell phone, etc. Room was laid out very akwardly and wasn't inviting at all.

This Homewood allows pets which is fine, but not to pet owners that don't care if their dogs bark at all hours. Barking dogs in the evening while trying to work on my computer and barking dogs in the morning to wake up to at 5am even though I didn't need to be up until 8am. I called the front desk and got a canned apology with no attempt to correct it in any manner.

The complimentary breakfast and dinner were passable as substance and not much more. As a Diamond member it's time for Hilton to change around their offerings as I've seen the same old breakfast and dinner items for two years now with absolute zero change. Not acceptable when you travel 200 days a year. Time to check out Marriott...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services and amenities you deserve. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at the Homewood Suites. We appreciate your feedback, and again I’d like to offer my sincerest apologies.

Suffolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Great service, suites great for staying in at night and only a few blocks from downtown Oakland, lake Merritt (nice place to run) and only few miles from alameda. Great free hot breakfasts, and manager's reception (evening meals) mon-thurs. nice deal for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the Homewood Suites and also taking the time to share your comments. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and kind words. We are very pleased you enjoyed our convenient location near Lake Merritt. We take pride in providing every guest with great experience. We hope to see you back soon.

Best regards,
Del Mar, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My husband, 22 year old daughter and two labradoodles stayed in this hotel for a week, in a non smoking two bedroom suite on the third (top) floor facing the water. I am very picky and uptight about cleanliness, service, comfort and convenience, and the Homewood Suites deserves A grades for all of the above. The staff were unfailingly friendly and attentive. The rooms and beds were well laid out and comfortable. The bandwidth was fine and we each had a desk. The waterfront rooms have lovely views and are the quietest hotel rooms I have ever experienced, including at much more expensive luxury hotels. And for those traveling with dogs, there is green space and a good walking path right in front along the water. The dogs loved it! Even the breakfast was good, with fresh fruit and not junk food. I have stayed in much fancier hotels, but none that provided such excellent value, especially for the Bay Area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Darcella W, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this review, January 22, 2013

Gig Harbor, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This is one of the nicest rooms I've stayed in. The waterside rooms are very quiet with a great view. The staff is friendly and have been very helpful. I'm on a long term project, and look forward to staying here.

Darcella Wright

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront? Share your experiences!