“All I want is perfection...” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save
Ranked #3 of 48 Hotels in Oakland
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“All I want is perfection...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

My needs are simple when it comes to hotels. Just make sure everything is perfect each and every time. I've stayed at two Homewood Suites now, this one and the one in Santa Fe, NM. I'm wondering why I don't choose this chain more often.

I admit going in that I am Hilton Diamond. Many times that doesn't seem to matter, but here it did. From the moment of check-in, they have worked to make sure my stay was delightful. Located just 4 miles north of the Oakland airport, this property is right on the water. The room I have, a beautiful 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite overlooks the harbor area. It's perfect for a relaxing day of catching up on work.

While off the beaten track, they provide shuttle service to the Lake Merrit BART station which makes everything accessible. They have plenty of plugs by the beds as well as the work area, and there is actually room to turn around in the bathroom.

Best of all, right next door is a Starbucks to get your day started off right, just in case you choose not to partake of the breakfast and/or dinners that they offer on premises.

All in all, if you are in the bay area, and want a nice affordable hotel with easy access, you would have to look long and hard to top this place.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms are waterside.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

This hotel was recommended by a local as among the best and we were not disappointed. The facilities were very well kept up. The breakfast more than adequate and I appreciated the fact that there there was a variety of food on different days. The evening "light dinner" was a nice extra - at no extra cost. But the best highlight has to be the staff. Each person was pleasant and very helpful beyond what would be expected. For example, Olivia who was staffing the breakfast area would know that I had put a bagel in to be toasted and brought it to our table before I went back to the toaster to get it. The reception staff remembered we were there to attend a wedding and asked how the wedding went. That is evidence of not just being nice because they had to but because they wanted to,

Room Tip: The water side (vs. the freeway side) is a little more expensive but well worth it for the view - an...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Lewiston Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

To whom it may concern. I have been staying at homewood for six years. I have seen a lot of different staff working at this hotel, But it has been my experience the last couple of years have been my best . Jason Olivares has really tried to make everyone at the hotel feel right at home. Trust me I have gone thru a couple of GM,s. The thing I have tried to stress to people that i talk to about staying at homewood is you can eat at the hotel for free or you can BBQ out on the patieo and enjoy the wonderful view of the water. Jason also likes to BBQ like me so we can relate. Now on to MaryAnn Davis. She is a wonderful person who is always smiling and listens if you have any concerns.She will go out of her way to make you feel at home. Everyone at homewood are great people. PS Cindy at the front desk is a plus for cust. service. Thank you Michael R

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Albany, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

This was my 2nd time staying at this Hotel and agian I was very satisfied with the excellent service that I received by all of the staff that I came into contact with. The room was perfect and very clean. My wife really enjoyed the continental breakfast and the view. We loved our stay at this hotel, it was very accommondating and we will be staying at this hotel again in the future.

Room Tip: Waterfront view
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

We recently booked a two bedroom suite at this hotel. Despite the fact that the hotel was empty, we were put in the worst rooms in the hotel! We were right next to the very lous elevator and our view was of the freeway. We could not even tell the hotel was near water and at 4:00 a.m. we were woken up by the train passing right outside our window. I had the worst sleeping experience of my life at this hotel!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
Santa Barbara, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

I was very impressed with how genuinely friendly and helpful all the staff were, they really did make us feel right at home. The coffee was surprisingly good - which is a plus, because I am picky about my coffee, also real plates and silverware for the breakfast/free meal which is a nice touch. Nice value to have the food included - which was pretty decent. We stayed in a top floor 1 bedroom queen suite with a view - it was very quiet. Came with friends who stayed in a 2 bedroom with kids to go to a Raiders game. It was clean without exception. Shuttle (not on weekends) was convenient, driver very nice. It was very roomy and comfortable for the 2 of us. Liked the free parking, all of this made for a very good value. Bed was also above average, nice and clean linens, good pillows, shower was good too - a lot of nice little touches you don't have at the lower priced hotels, but at a fairly low price (paid in advance to get better deal). True, neighborhood looks a little dicey, but we weren't there to hang in the hood - there to go to the Raiders game and spend a day in San Francisco (took the ferry, very easy). If you just want a very comfortable, easy place to stay, this is it.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

I've always like to stay at this hotel when I'm in town for business. I brought some friends with me on my last visit and we had a great 3 bedroom suite on the water front with great views. We also decided to bbq one night and the hotel has 2 really nice and clean grills on the patio that we used. Overall a great stay and it couldn't possibly be any closer to the fwy entrance.

Room Tip: I think all the odd numbered rooms are facing the water front.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront? Share your experiences!