We stayed here for one night Christmas Eve and after we figured out where the entrance to the hotel was, we were okay.(it may say Broadway street but the entrance is on a side street; we ended up going around the block a couple of times before we figured it out.) Since it was Christmas Eve, most of the places in the area were closed so we ended up eating at the hotel; we both had a salad as it seemed like they offered a generous portion and it was hard to ruin a salad.
Our room was nice; it overlooked the parking lot (valet parking only; $10 a day I think) so we didn't have the street noise and the bed, as is the case with all Marriott's, was very comfortable. The room was a good size with a king bed and has a fridge and microwave in it.
The hotel staff was friendly and competent and is a major reason I would consider going back if I have to stay in the area again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Downtown Oakland hotel is nestled between the Old Oakland Historic District and Chinatown just one block from the BART subway to San Francisco. Get to Union Square in San Francisco in just a 12-minute ride. Guests enjoy free internet, spacious rooms, an outdoor heated pool, an onsite fitness center, and an onsite restaurant. The Courtyard Oakland Downtown is perfect for business or leisure travelers and is nearby attractions such as Jack London Square. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Oakland Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Oakland Downtown Hotel Oakland
- Courtyard Oakland Downtown
- Oakland Marriott
- Oakland Courtyard