I was disappointed with my stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Oakland. The room was ok but strangely positioned so it was hard to watch TV in bed - a small point but it all adds to the stay.
We used the hotel as a base to explore San Francisco. Unfortunately the BART was on strike the weekend we were there and as tourists who were new to the area we didn't know how to get from Oakland to SF by any other method of public transport. When we asked the hotel front desk staff about the BART strike they just informed us that it was on strike - it would have been nice for them to offer us alternatives. In the end we heard about the ferry to SF from a waitress at a local bar!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Downtown Oakland hotel is nestled between the Old Oakland Historic District and Chinatown just one block from the BART subway to San Francisco. Get to Union Square in San Francisco in just a 12-minute ride. Guests enjoy free internet, spacious rooms, an outdoor heated pool, an onsite fitness center, and an onsite restaurant. The Courtyard Oakland Downtown is perfect for business or leisure travelers and is nearby attractions such as Jack London Square. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Oakland Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Oakland Downtown Hotel Oakland
- Courtyard Oakland Downtown
- Oakland Marriott
- Oakland Courtyard