My wife and I have stayed here before. This is not a fancy hotel, but very reasonable in price (especially when there's a deal). The location isn't perfect but it isn't bad. It's only a block from BART and there are some very nice restaurants nearby. The staff was friendly and helpful. I wasn't happy with the room they first gave us as it was near the elevator. They were quick to accommodate a request for a change which was very pleasing. They have done away with free coffee in the lobby as they now have a small food service and have a deal with Starbucks which is a drag. However, their gym was under repair so we were able to use the gym in the nearby Marriott (less than a block away), which was gorgeous and kept up well. Be sure to try to use that gym! Not the Ritz, but all in all, a very satisfactory experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Downtown Oakland hotel is nestled between the Old Oakland Historic District and Chinatown just one block from the BART subway to San Francisco. Get to Union Square in San Francisco in just a 12-minute ride. Guests enjoy free internet, spacious rooms, an outdoor heated pool, an onsite fitness center, and an onsite restaurant. The Courtyard Oakland Downtown is perfect for business or leisure travelers and is nearby attractions such as Jack London Square. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Marriott, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, getaroom.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Oakland Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Oakland Downtown Hotel Oakland
- Courtyard Oakland Downtown
- Oakland Marriott
- Oakland Courtyard