First day - The TV remote control doesn't worked. We asked for a new one. Waited forever. Picked one up from the front desk. Still doesn't work. Called front desk for a new one. Never arrived.
Second day - my two kids are swimming in the pool. There are lots of leaves floating in the pool. I went to ask the front desk for a pool cleaner to scoop up the leaves. This was 1/2 an hour ago. I already asked them 2x. Guess they are short of staff at this hotel. They allow people to smoke in the outdoor pool area while kids are swimming. Guess the no smoking policy in public area is not that strictly enforced here.
It's a nicely renovated place. It's ok to stay for the night and go. Just don't use their facilities or ask for anything. Don't bother asking for anything. They would not get it to you. EVER!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Downtown Oakland hotel is nestled between the Old Oakland Historic District and Chinatown just one block from the BART subway to San Francisco. Get to Union Square in San Francisco in just a 12-minute ride. Guests enjoy free internet, spacious rooms, an outdoor heated pool, an onsite fitness center, and an onsite restaurant. The Courtyard Oakland Downtown is perfect for business or leisure travelers and is nearby attractions such as Jack London Square. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Oakland Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Oakland Downtown Hotel Oakland
- Courtyard Oakland Downtown
- Oakland Marriott
- Oakland Courtyard