I stayed at the Marriot Courtyard twice for business. The rooms are average. I've slept in more comfortable beds but this was fine for a couple of nights stay.
During my first stay, I found a wet spot in front of the sink. The front desk sent a maintance person right away. He could not find the source, suggested that maybe I "spilled" water there. I reassured him I had not. He said to give a call if it did not dry,the spot did eventually dry.
Breakfast was $13 for off the menu or $8(I think) for the buffet. Not an unusual cost for a hotel but doing a little checking in the surrounding area brought me to Cafe 817. A sweet place for a lovely poched egg on buttery toast with italian ham on top for $7.
This is a well placed hotel for all your needs and at a reasonable price.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Oakland Downtown Hotel
- Courtyard By Marriott Oakland Downtown Hotel Oakland
- Courtyard Oakland Downtown
- Courtyard Oakland
- Oakland Marriott
- Oakland Courtyard
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Downtown Oakland hotel is nestled between the Old Oakland Historic District and Chinatown just one block from the BART subway to San Francisco. Get to Union Square in San Francisco in just a 12-minute ride. Guests enjoy free internet, spacious rooms, an outdoor heated pool, an onsite fitness center, and an onsite restaurant. The Courtyard Oakland Downtown is perfect for business or leisure travelers and is nearby attractions such as Jack London Square. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Marriott, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Oakland Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.