nice hotel, clean, very helpful and friendly people. Their mission is to keep you comfortable and safe. They will let you know what is safe and what is not. The BART station is about 1.5 blocks away, doable with a suitcase from the airport, but I wouldn't do it too late at night. Weekends the "street people" roam the streets more than on the weekdays. disadvantage of the hotel is that it is away from San Francisco. BART is a pretty good way to get around but stay off the Richmond train. Stick to Pittsburgh, Bay point. We did not have any bad experiences on that train. Would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Downtown Oakland hotel is nestled between the Old Oakland Historic District and Chinatown just one block from the BART subway to San Francisco. Get to Union Square in San Francisco in just a 12-minute ride. Guests enjoy free internet, spacious rooms, an outdoor heated pool, an onsite fitness center, and an onsite restaurant. The Courtyard Oakland Downtown is perfect for business or leisure travelers and is nearby attractions such as Jack London Square. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Oakland Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Oakland Downtown Hotel Oakland
- Courtyard Oakland Downtown
- Oakland Marriott
- Oakland Courtyard