“Nice for needs” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 47 hotels in Oakland
Seattle, WA
“Nice for needs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Stayed at Courtyard while being stranded at Oakland airport one night. Hotel was very clean, updated and comfortable.

There is a free shuttle to the airport. They have limited space, so be sure to put your name on the list asap.
There is a small self serve restaurant in the lobby. Has coffee, sandwiches, parfaits. I enjoyed a spinach, turkey, cheese on english muffin breakfast item. It came with eggs but I opted out of that. It was very tasty. Lobby is tastefully decorated. Has a couple of counter areas with outlets for your electronics to recharge while getting ready to fly out. Very smart and handy.

This hotel definitely has put thought into what the traveler needs and has carried it out well.
Would definitely stay here again, but hopefully will have more than 5 hours to enjoy it!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Bill D, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Oakland Airport, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Got2go,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I appreciate you taking your time. Its great to know you enjoyed your stay with us. Pleaes let me know if I can book your future business with us.

135 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

The dogs next door barking all night, kind of ruined this hotel for me. I was pleased with the staff with the exception of the bartender/attendant at the bar downstairs. I was completely ignored sitting right in front of them until I asked for help. The area is not conducive to walking.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the backside of the hotel away from the barking dogs.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Lorarose,

I am sorry to hear about your experience with the barking dog and sub-par customer service in our bistro. Please contact me so that we can discuss your issues further.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

This isn't a horrible building but the location isn't good. The parking lot is surrounded by barbed wire and all of the external facing rooms are bombarded with road sound that is very difficult to sleep through. The interior is fine and service was perfectly acceptable.

Room Tip: Get a courtyard facing room if you have to stay here. Makes a world of difference.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Todd S,

I am sorry t hear that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. Our area being an airport area can be a bit challenging at times. We do however do everything in our power to ensure our guests feel that they are truely valued. Please contact me so that I may beable to make this situation right.

Billdalleske@remingtonhotels.com
Bethesda, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

We spent the night at the courtyard visiting University of California Berkeley. Everyone at the hotel from the van drivers who took us to/ from the hotel to the BART to the manager who asked about our stay provided outstanding service. I would definitely stay here again if I was back in Oakland.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Lubran,

Thank you for your review. Its great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please let me know if I can make you a reservation in the near future.
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

For me, I had my sleep interrupted a few times by the sound of sirens and other distractions outside. This location is very convenient for the airport, but otherwise it's not ideal. The lobby, landscaping, and public areas are in very good condition. The rooms are of average quality and could use some updating. The staff was very helpful, so no complaints there.

All in all the hotel served just fine (it's not a bad choice), but I may try an alternative if visiting this area again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Rich M,

Sorry to hear that your sleep was interupted. Its Always our hope that a guest has a restful nights sleep when they stay with us. Please let me know if your travels bring you through Oakland again and I will make a effort to try to place you in a quieter area of the hotel.
Visalia, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

This hotel is fabulous. Its super clean, the staff is friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Breakfast is really good and the rooms are large and well appointed. You have everything you need including a refrigerator in the room and a large tv. They have a 'park and ride' rate which allows you to park your car there for the week when you fly out of the airport, and the hotel van will take you to the airport and pick you up (in a timely fashion!). It was great, and so close to the airport.

Room Tip: We stayed both before and after our trip to Hawaii. Both rooms were lovely and modern and extremely...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Florence K,

Thank you for your kind words I hope you enjoyed your stay in Hawaii and look forward to seeing you next time.
Yonkers, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

By far this is the worst Courtyard by Marriott I have stayed in. The lobby had been remodeled but what about the rooms.The room we used our points for was in need of a major upgrade. Broken legs on the coffee table, over used cabinet for clothing,shabby worn sofa bed couch. A balcony but no chairs for sitting. And the smell of pot so strong that we had to spray our room and hallway(the smell coming under the door). Maybe some of the other rooms were in better shape than ours. We moved from a the third floor room because of the loud personal sounds(not what I wanted to listen to after a coast to coast flight), to room 237 room in need of a upgrade.
This is not what I am use to from a Courtyard, by Marriott if it really is a Courtyard by Marriott.
Thanks to the day staff Domonique and the others .

Room Tip: Do not get a room in the front near the entrance.Ask to see the room before you take it especially a...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Bill D, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Oakland Airport, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
just traveling w,

Thank you for posting your review. I am sorry that you had a bad experience with us. Its always our goal to take care of our guests 100% of the time. When we fall short we take it very serviously. Please contact me so that I may find some way to make this situation right.

billdalleske@remingtonhotels.com

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Oakland Airport? Share your experiences!