1. CON - Price.
We felt rack rates of $219 ($250 total after taxes) to be on the high side of hotels for a stay in Oakland near the airport. When I think about what I got and the amenities I wasn't able to use, it made me want to consider my other options (We left before the complimentary breakfast was served to catch our flight). I've stayed in the Hilton, Red Lion and Holiday Inn all on Hagenberger - all of these properties were offer similar amenities and were priced lower, but I wanted to stick with the Marriott-brand. Additionally, when I think about where I've stayed in the city for the same price, it really made me feel like I was overpaying for the area. Of course the extensive shuttle waits don't help in making me feel like I'm getting my money's worth either.
2. CON - Hotel Shuttle.
The hotel shuttle wait from the airport and BART station is a minimum of 20-25 minutes. The area outside the BART station at night isn't the safest, so time your request accordingly. With regards to the airport pick-up, I watched as the Hilton and Holiday Inn Express shuttles come around twice during the time we waited to be picked-up by Marriott Courtyard. Had I known we would be waiting 25 minutes, I probably would have opted to pay for the $5 cab ride or called to request the pick-up as soon as I was allowed to turn my cell phone on before de-boarding the plane. It would probably benefit the Courtyard to have more than one driver on high occupancy days as I noticed there was more than one shuttle.
3. PRO - Room.
We really liked the way our room (317) was setup. We liked that the bed wasn't against a shared wall. We felt like the room was spacious and the bathroom a good size. (Our room was missing a shower cap and lotion though). The shower had a bathtub and shower curtain (not glass doors)
4. BIG PRO - Bed.
This is probably the most important thing to me, especially right now being 6-months pregnant. I've stayed in numerous Marriott properties all over and have noticed that the beds are always consistently hard. Last night was probably the first time I've ever gotten into a Marriott bed and felt super comfortable!
5. PRO - Night staff.
We returned from the 49er game in the city, exhausted and a little irritable from having to wait at the BART station for so long. The evening driver was very pleasant, professional and apologetic. He even reserved our morning shuttle back to the airport without us knowing it needed reservations. The gal working the front desk was also wonderful in that she noticed I was pregnant and went to get me extra pillows to help make me more comfortable. She also offered me a midnight snack for any of my cravings. A+ on going above and beyond!
6. PRO - Lobby Decor
Since we weren't able to get an early check-in due to the property being sold out, we had to sit in the lobby for a little bit before heading in to the city. We liked the decor of the lobby and especially the little table nooks with personal TVs.
All in all we enjoyed our quick overnight stay. We're season ticket holders and come up for every home game, staying the night near the airport on occasion for some of the SNF and MNF games. Then its first flight home the next morning to get to work on time. Because we basically stop in to drop off our bags and are back to the airport to catch the first flight home, we are especially concerned about the value which could be better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax minutes from your flight at the newly renovated Courtyard Oakland Airport Hotel. The new state-of-the-art lobby provides greater flexibility and choices for our guests and features inviting, flexible spaces to work or relax in, free Wi-Fi throughout the lobby and easy access to the latest news and weather conditions via our GoBoard™. The highlight of our new lobby experience is The Bistro – Eat. Drink. Connect.™, which provides guests with healthy food and beverage offerings in the morning including Starbucks® coffee and evening dinner service with cocktails. Our Oakland airport hotel provides free shuttle service to the airport and to the nearby BART train station, giving you access to Berkeley, San Francisco and beyond. Here to work? Business travelers will love the large, flexible workspace, well-lit desk, and free high-speed internet access in every room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Oakland Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Oakland Airport Hotel Oakland
- Courtyard Oakland Airport
- Oakland Marriott
- Oakland Courtyard