I am a female solo traveller when I stayed here at the Courtyard Marriott Oakland Airport. I stayed for two nights. I slept so well and always felt so safe. I like the idea of the gates (going in and getting out of the vicinity of the hotel). I was warmly greeted when I checked in. I had my confirmation ready, AAA card, and ID. I was given my room card and directions on how to get to the room. Elevator works just fine, the lobby area was spacious and they have a business area (computers, printers).
To the right of the front desk is The Bistro cafe. Had their spicy wings, reuben sandwich to go. Loved it! The Market is an alcove to the left of the front desk where you can purchase just about anything,chips, ice cream, popcorn, frozen pizza (microwave provided), drinks (be it beer or wine or water) and sodas.
They have a nice pool (see photo) with privacy wall, meaning not visible to the parking lot.
Back door access (use room card to enter) is convenient for those parked at the other side of the building. Side parking lot has an exit gate as well.
As a female travelling solo, I felt so safe in this hotel.
Ice maker in each floor level (there are 3 in this Marriott).
Coffee (regular and decaf), coffee maker, sugar/cream and cups are provided in each room.
Ample towels, Paul Mitchell shampoo and conditioner, handsoap, body soap and facial soap provided as well.
The window treatments kept the rising sun (room facing east) from getting the room too hot in the morning.
A large digital alarm clock was available (side of bed). A large screen TV for your daily dose of news and traffic updates. HBO and other channels available as well. WiFi was free. Iron and hairdryer are in the hallway closet. Large full length mirror was a nice touch. Both sliding door panels of the closet were mirrors. Loved that!
Tissue and bathroom necessities were ample.
The king sized bed was luxurious. I had 4 pillows, that were just perfect. The sheets were clean and fresh. There were no dust (oh yeah I checked) on the lamp shades or on the AC, corner floors. I got a nice back room unit and I slept so well. It helps alot to look refreshed after a very good night sleep, when meeting friends the next day.
Courtyard Marriott is the best choice for you ladies who travel alone.
It is safe no matter what other reviewers here say about location. There is a gas station nearby (they sell hot cocoa and coffee here too), Starbucks, In n Out Burger, Walmart, Jamba Juice, Wingstop, Panda Express just across the way on Edgewater, next left upon exiting right turn out of the hotel parking.
The airport is so close to here. The car rentals is less than 3.5 miles from this location. So easy to find anything. There is a McD and Burger King should you find yourself craving for some fries late at night - same street as the Courtyard - make a right out of the parking lot and cross the bridge, it will be on your right hand side after the first light.
I liked the fact that there were CCTV cameras manning the parking lot.
make sure you put the parking number the front desk gives you on your dash board when you park your car, unauthorized cars parked there CAN be towed at owner's expense. It is duly marked on the parking lot.
I checked out without any problems. I was charged exactly as I was quoted online, like when I checked in and checked out.
I will stay at a Marriott again if they are all like this one.
Loved the stay. Thank you very much!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax minutes from your flight at the newly renovated Courtyard Oakland Airport Hotel. The new state-of-the-art lobby provides greater flexibility and choices for our guests and features inviting, flexible spaces to work or relax in, free Wi-Fi throughout the lobby and easy access to the latest news and weather conditions via our GoBoard™. The highlight of our new lobby experience is The Bistro – Eat. Drink. Connect.™, which provides guests with healthy food and beverage offerings in the morning including Starbucks® coffee and evening dinner service with cocktails. Our Oakland airport hotel provides free shuttle service to the airport and to the nearby BART train station, giving you access to Berkeley, San Francisco and beyond. Here to work? Business travelers will love the large, flexible workspace, well-lit desk, and free high-speed internet access in every room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Marriott, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Oakland Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Oakland Airport Hotel Oakland
- Courtyard Oakland Airport
- Oakland Marriott
- Oakland Courtyard