In our travels to the Oakland/Berkeley area we usually stay at the Doubletree Berkeley Marina. This time we tried out the Courtyard by the Oakland airport. We very much liked the hotel. Our room was spacious, the bed wonderfully comfortable, and the lobby and furnishings new.
There is a Starbucks in the lobby along with a "take-out" restaurant and lounge. In the morning we purchased a yogurt parfait (kind of like at McDonalds), oatmeal, and coffee and took it outside to the garden and pool area. There were lots of comfy chairs, pretty landscaping, and it was surprisingly quiet. Very enjoyable.
As others have said, the location is a neighborhood in flux. The auto entrance is on the main street to the airport, which has a lot of nice buildings and redevelopment. The other three sides are certainly not inviting. But we had a rental car so the location wasn't an issue.
Lots of computer terminals in the lobby -- two dedicated to printing boarding passes. In the morning there was free coffee in the lobby, so no need to purchase the Starbucks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax minutes from your flight at the newly renovated Courtyard Oakland Airport Hotel. The new state-of-the-art lobby provides greater flexibility and choices for our guests and features inviting, flexible spaces to work or relax in, free Wi-Fi throughout the lobby and easy access to the latest news and weather conditions via our GoBoard™. The highlight of our new lobby experience is The Bistro – Eat. Drink. Connect.™, which provides guests with healthy food and beverage offerings in the morning including Starbucks® coffee and evening dinner service with cocktails. Our Oakland airport hotel provides free shuttle service to the airport and to the nearby BART train station, giving you access to Berkeley, San Francisco and beyond. Here to work? Business travelers will love the large, flexible workspace, well-lit desk, and free high-speed internet access in every room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Marriott so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Oakland Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Oakland Airport Hotel Oakland
- Courtyard Oakland Airport
- Oakland Courtyard
- Oakland Marriott