Friends of mine came to San Fran for work, but this hotel was the cheapest ones available on their company's preferred list of hotels, so they stayed at this hotel. I decided to go visit them while they're there for work, so naturally, i will stay in the same hotel as they were.
This hotel was a disappointment in terms of service. I was trying to reserve a room with double bed, but was told that they only had king size bed but i was informed that there would be a couch in the room that can be turned into a bed. I arrived there, and found no couch or pull out bed, so i was explaining my situation to the front desk, but before i can even finish telling the night manager on duty, he's already shaking his head trying to argue with me. Granted he still make a note on my request.
the next night, i came back to the room, and still did not see any pull out bed. So the next day, while i was out sightseeing, i called from fisherman's wharf to find out if i have a pullout bed and i was told that there should be one in the room. I came back to the hotel that night, still no pullout bed. Luckily, there was another lady at the front desk at the counter, and she helped me getting the pullout bed.
Another problem i had was that i came back to my room and saw no shampoo or soap at all in my room after i've already gone to the shower. So i had to dry up, and called the night manager, and he said he's by himself, and nobody to take the shampoo/soap to the room. So i went to the front desk myself, and he's getting all aggravated because he's by himself, and phone calls were coming in like crazy and couldnt find any shampoo. I mean, how is a hotel like marriott does not have any shampoo? The manager was scrounging around for soap/shampoo in the drawer like a mad men.
The hotel is okay, but the service at night is really bad. I dont know how the service is during the day, but the night manager really need to have some training on how to deal with customer.
I wouldnt stay here for vacation, but good enough for a night stay if you're stucked on a long layover at OAK. The hotel is about 5 mins away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax minutes from your flight at the newly renovated Courtyard Oakland Airport Hotel. The new state-of-the-art lobby provides greater flexibility and choices for our guests and features inviting, flexible spaces to work or relax in, free Wi-Fi throughout the lobby and easy access to the latest news and weather conditions via our GoBoard™. The highlight of our new lobby experience is The Bistro – Eat. Drink. Connect.™, which provides guests with healthy food and beverage offerings in the morning including Starbucks® coffee and evening dinner service with cocktails. Our Oakland airport hotel provides free shuttle service to the airport and to the nearby BART train station, giving you access to Berkeley, San Francisco and beyond. Here to work? Business travelers will love the large, flexible workspace, well-lit desk, and free high-speed internet access in every room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Marriott, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Oakland Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Oakland Airport Hotel Oakland
- Courtyard Oakland Airport
- Oakland Courtyard
- Oakland Marriott