“Stay & Fly -- close to airport” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast
Ranked #11 of 48 Hotels in Oakland
“Stay & Fly -- close to airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here the night before an early morning flight. The lobby and public areas are well maintained but I was disappointed in our room. The furniture was well worn and the wallpaper peeling. The towels are paper thin and not absorbent. However, the bed was comfy and the shower good. Walls are thin as we could hear our neighbors who didn't seem to be overly loud. Would I stay here again? Not sure. I think I would check out/cost compare with the Holiday Inn down the street first.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Hungarian first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

The location was convenient but the area was a bit questionable (especially in the evenings). The staff was very friendly and helpful. Overall, I would stay at this location again. There were several good restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed August 2012
Cameron Park, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We recently stayed at Courtyard and took advantage of their Stay and Fly Package...stay a night and get a week's parking on site...on a trip from Oakland to Dallas. While package is a little more expensive than regular room it beats airport parking by a fair piece. New lobby is very nice. Staff was very efficient, courteous, knowledgeable, and personable. Price for package was quite reasonable. Food prices at the Bistro were kind of high...the price of convenience, I guess. Our room was spotless and furnishings and bedding/linens quite nice. I wish we would have had time to enjoy the gazebo, pool, and exercise room, all of which are very nice. Grounds are nicely maintained.

Room Tip: Outside rooms on south side of facility are quietest. Pick high floor and away from elevators or ic...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Westerville, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Stayed at the hotel after arriving late at OAK. Typical Courtyard setup, and the lobby area is nice and spacious. The room was a little dated, stained carpet in the halls and room. The bathroom was very tiny in the sink area. Overall the room was fine, just nothing spectacular. I did enjoy the gym which was very nice and larger than most Courtyard gyms. Complete with towel service, and headphones which was nice. Courtyard cafe was nice as well for a coffee and breakfast. Nice to have free parking and very close to OAK. Very few restaurants in the area and lots of construction on the main road in front of the hotel. Just something to consider if needing to travel around the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Cambridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I can't say enough about how much I enjoyed staying at this hotel. The rooms are clean and large, the building is modern and the pool and gym were nice. However, the staff and service are what really set this hotel apart. Every staff member was very polite and helpful. The free shuttle service to BART Station and the Oakland airport was great too. In fact, on Monday morning when I was to leave, I was worried that I would miss my flight out of SFO because the shuttle had to stop at Oakland airport before going the BART station. I informed the desk and the staff arranged for a second shuttle to take me to BART. I made my flight (barely) and I was incredibly grateful for their help. This experience summarizes how wonderful my stay was. I would highly recommend for any travelers who stay in Oakland.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Yakub Y, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Oakland Airport, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear Amazumda,
On behalf of the Oakland Airport team, I would like to thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor. I am so glad that our product and services met and/or exceeded your expectation during your visit in Oakland. I have to agree that we have a wonderful and dedicated team that loves to provide exceptional service everytime. The hotel has added an extra shuttle to meet the needs of our valued guests during busy times. Our managers take turns and are on standby to help out with the shuttle during busy hours. Thank you for recommending our hotel and we hope to see you soon.

Santa Rosa, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I had no problem with the hotel but the return shuttle service back from a concert this past weekend at the Arena was too slow and too infrequent AND taxi cabs will not help you as it isn't far enough for them to make enough $$$.
The hotel was not close enough to walk back to either especially as it was LATE and it is OAKLAND and you are wiped after a great concert !
Free breakfast would have been nice as the Carrows across the street had abysmal service. Walk a bit farther down and go to Denny's.

Room Tip: If and when the Bart route gets done, avoid the rooms on the road as I fear it will be noisy.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear ChiantiCR:
Thank you so much for posting your comments on Tripadvisor. The hotel shuttle faces some challenges due to Air Bart construction that is going on along the Hegenberger Road which affects our ability to get around during events such as concerts, Baseball games and Football games. The hotel has a great place to have breakfast and dinner at a reasonable price, which is called The Bistro. We have great selctions of healthy items and quick grab and go items along with our own Starbucks station that will make your favorite Starbucks drinks. Please try our Bistro next time and let me know how your experience was. Once again, thank you for your response and enjoy the rest of the summer.

Lakewood, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

My husband and I used Marriott Rewards points for this stay, so technically we stayed for free. Even so, this wasn't a 5-star stay. We checked in around 11pm on a Friday night, and checked out at about 8am the next morning. Check-in was fine, although the front desk clerk didn't have much personality. The lobby looked nice enough. Our room was on the second floor facing the street. If you have any issue with noise, definitely request a room on a quieter side of the building. Luckily, we aren't bothered by noise, but the car/truck/motorcycle noise was VERY loud. It's also lucky that the temperature in the room was ok, since the air conditioning vent had Fruit Loops in it. Obviously, the housekeepers don't clean it very often. There is no way to pull the curtains completely closed and block out daylight in the room, since the curtains cannot pass over the air vent. The bed and bathroom were clean, and the shower had good temperature and pressure. There are typical bathroom amenities, which is always nice. I also appreciated the amount of available outlets, especially those that were in the bedside lamps. I really wish Courtyards had free breakfast, though. I rarely stay at the Marriott hotels that don't have free breakfast because I can stay someplace cheaper and nicer that has that amenity. In the end, this was an ok place to stay for one night close to the airport, but I'm glad we didn't pay for it.

Room Tip: If you don't like noise, request a room away from any major streets. The windows do nothing to...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Yakub Y, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Oakland Airport, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you so much for posting your review on Tripadvisor. We value our guests' comments and feedback and use them as a tool to improve our service and product. Our housekeeping team had a meeting this morning at 10 a.m. and we brought your comments to their attention about the A/C units. This will be part of their focus of the week project to ensure all of them have been inspected. Courtyard hotels do not offer complimentary breakfast unless it is part of a package, but our Residence Inn, TownePlace Suites by Marriott, Springhill Suites and some of our Fairfield Inn Suites do offer complimentary breakfast as part of your stay. Once again thank you and enjoy your summer.