I've stayed a couple times now at this hotel because my employer gets a discount from them. The hotel itself is fine if you're traveling by yourself, on business: it's clean and functional. The internet connection (cable) is fast. But the surrounding area is blighted. I got mugged a block away (two guys grabbed me and said they would shoot me if I didn't give them my money and phone). This was at all of 8pm, but by then all the surrounding businesses were boarded up and few people were on the street. I looked at one of those crime-mapping websites, and it showed 3-4 other muggings in the previous week in the same immediate vicinity. There's really nothing in the area itself; I guess the best thing is that BART is a block away (but note that I was mugged all of a block away). The middle eastern restaurant next door seems to have closed. I know it's not fair to judge the hotel itself on what happens outside its control, but the location is what it is. Honestly, I just won't stay here again because of the area. On the plus side, there is a good coffee shop just down the street.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Hotel-Downtown Oakland Hotel
- Clarion Hotel-Downtown Oakland Hotel Oakland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel is within walking distance to the Oakland Convention Center, BART Station, 8 miles from the Oracle Arena & Oakland Coliseum, City Hall, Federal Building, Alameda County Court House. 8 miles from Oakland International Airport (Take Bart from Airport to Hotel). Take Bart from Hotel to San Francisco.We have added parking, overnight rate $15. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Choice Hotels, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Venere and Otel so you can book your Clarion Hotel-Downtown Oakland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.