“Prepare Yourself, Beer Lovers, for Belgian Heaven” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pub, Belgian, Brew Pub, European
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Seating
Denver
“Prepare Yourself, Beer Lovers, for Belgian Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Every trip to Oakland must include partaking of some delicious Belgian beer at the Trappist. Probably not for the casual "Coors Light" crowd.. anyone who appreciates beer will adore this bar. I leave happy every time.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank DA_Denver

West Pittston, Pennsylvania
“Belgian beer from people who know!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

If you like top quality beer especially Belgian Styles this is THE place to stop. Reasonably priced for w wonderful experience and way better that average brew.

Visited December 2012
“a must-visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Amazing beer selection. Knowledgable down-to-earth bartenders. Well cared-for decor. They specialize in Belgian & Scandanavian beer, but also have a well-curated selection of beers from other locales (Italy, New Zeland, Japan). They care about their beer and believe in making the very best available.

SF Bay Area, CA
“Best selection of beer in the Bay Area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

With Beer Revolution, Pacific Coast Brewery, and the Trappist, one could probably consider Jack London/ Old Oakland to be a beer drinkers Oasis.
The Trappist is a great place to have a pint in a relaxed, chill atmosphere.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Corbett B
Spring Hill, Florida
“It doesn't get much better than this.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is an exception craft beer bar. Firstly, it's got a really cool vibe and well decorated in terms of beer joints. I'm going to cut right to the chase, it's hard to find craft beer better than this in America. They had a great, diverse tap list while I was there. I think there was maybe only about 20 beers on tap, but their bottle list is very extensive and has hard-to-pass up options. I came here on New Years with my girlfriend, my brother, and his girlfriend. I started off with a Barrel Aged Old Rasputin Imperial Stout...damn this stuff is good, a lot better than the already awesome standard version. While drinking that I had a chance to look at the bottle list and I never turned back. I ended up ordering beers from De Molen all night long. They weren't cheap at $12-$14 a 12-ounce, but these are exception, rare beers than are not available where I live in Florida. Everybody else enjoyed the fine draft selections all night. The staff was very attentive and extremely knowledgable. Me and my girlfriend split their Ruben sandwich and we weren't impressed with that to be honest. We ended up sharing the olives appetizer and the pickled veggies...The olives were fantastic, I forgot what the larger ones were called but they were high quality and the best olives I've had. The pickled veggies were really good too but I will admit that a few of the peppers were hotter than I would like while trying to enjoy expensive beer. Overall, this place is awesome...It's not the cheapest place to drink...but "When in Rome"...you can't ignore this place if you love great beer.

• Visited December 2012