“a must-visit” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“a must-visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Amazing beer selection. Knowledgable down-to-earth bartenders. Well cared-for decor. They specialize in Belgian & Scandanavian beer, but also have a well-curated selection of beers from other locales (Italy, New Zeland, Japan). They care about their beer and believe in making the very best available.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

91% Recommend
SF Bay Area, CA
“Best selection of beer in the Bay Area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

With Beer Revolution, Pacific Coast Brewery, and the Trappist, one could probably consider Jack London/ Old Oakland to be a beer drinkers Oasis.
The Trappist is a great place to have a pint in a relaxed, chill atmosphere.

• Visited July 2012
Spring Hill, Florida
“It doesn't get much better than this.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is an exception craft beer bar. Firstly, it's got a really cool vibe and well decorated in terms of beer joints. I'm going to cut right to the chase, it's hard to find craft beer better than this in America. They had a great, diverse tap list while I was there. I think there was maybe only about 20 beers on tap, but their bottle list is very extensive and has hard-to-pass up options. I came here on New Years with my girlfriend, my brother, and his girlfriend. I started off with a Barrel Aged Old Rasputin Imperial Stout...damn this stuff is good, a lot better than the already awesome standard version. While drinking that I had a chance to look at the bottle list and I never turned back. I ended up ordering beers from De Molen all night long. They weren't cheap at $12-$14 a 12-ounce, but these are exception, rare beers than are not available where I live in Florida. Everybody else enjoyed the fine draft selections all night. The staff was very attentive and extremely knowledgable. Me and my girlfriend split their Ruben sandwich and we weren't impressed with that to be honest. We ended up sharing the olives appetizer and the pickled veggies...The olives were fantastic, I forgot what the larger ones were called but they were high quality and the best olives I've had. The pickled veggies were really good too but I will admit that a few of the peppers were hotter than I would like while trying to enjoy expensive beer. Overall, this place is awesome...It's not the cheapest place to drink...but "When in Rome"...you can't ignore this place if you love great beer.

• Visited December 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Ran out of beer, really?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

I can't believe they ran out two different kinds of beer the night we were there. Staff was very nice, the beer is normally priced overall okay experience

Napa, California
“Group of 12+ and great beer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Went with a big group of friends and were welcomed warmly.

The beer selection was awesome and had plenty of choices.

They were very helpful with all our random request including plain bread for the ladies.

Would come back any day of the week for a beer.

The menu was not the most appealing but everything I tried on it was awesome.

• Visited September 2012