“A little old, but nice, cheap, gated, safe, and run by one very hardworking family” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bay Bridge Inn

Bay Bridge Inn
You added Bay Bridge Inn to your Saves list
Bay Bridge Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   683 W. MacArthur Blvd, Oakland, CA 94609   |
Ranked #31 of 48 Hotels in Oakland
Berkeley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Pros: Room 110 is the best room there - I think. It's the King room. I've stayed in 3 different rooms there before, and they were kind of old (not really dirty, just old - the complex is older). But this time I decided to 'upgrade' for an additionally $3 - lol, and it was the best decision of my cheap hotel experience. I stayed there for a week since my apartment wasn't ready to be moved into yet (I'm a UCB student). The owners are really friendly. Especially the older Indian father - he always said, "Good morning young lady" to me every morning. The entire place is entirely run by one family and it's amazing how hard they work! Once I saw the owner's son running around the parking lot for exercise because he had to stay and help his parents maintain the place. Such a dutiful son.

Cons:TV didn't have a remote - but I don't watch TV so I wasn't bothered. And toilet handle feel off, but I told them and they fixed it immediately.

Room Tip: Stay in room 110
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

The location is run down, but the overall inn wasn't so bad. They didnt clean room everyday. The front desk worker was very helpful and pleasant. For the price I was happy with stay. Loved the fact the Bart was just a block and a half away. That made our trip easier since the Bay bridge was closed.

• Stayed August 2013
Reno, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Considering the area this was a good value. Neighborhood not great but well lit free parking lot. Room was clean enough but was missing basic things like towel racks. No hand towels or floor mat/towel. Towels said Holiday inn and cups said Ramada :-). Definitely budget but cheap & clean enough. Staff was strange but OK (you would be too if you lived in that part of town :-).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I spent two nights at the Bay Bridge Inn in Oakland. I chose this location because I didn't want to have to deal with driving and parking in SF. The hotel is about two blocks from the MacArthur BART station, as well as being a less than one mile straight shot off the I-580, so easy to get in and out of.
Before booking, I called to clarify the cancellation policy (listed as "24 hours in advance", but I wasn't sure if it was in advance of check-in availability, 6 pm, midnight or what). A pleasant man on the phone said by around noon the day before would be great. When I arrived, a woman at the counter said she found my reservation for a king room for one night. I told her it was two nights and showed her my confirmation. She had to make a couple phone calls and some changes in the book, but soon had me in my room. At first I noticed a faint mildewy smell, but as soon as I turned the A/C on it was no longer detectable. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean and quiet.
Since we were enjoying our time in SF, we weren't in the room much except for sleeping, and this room was fine for that! When checking out, I asked at the front desk if it would be ok to leave my car in their lot until mid-afternoon (I said 3, it was around 3:30 before I came to get it) or if I needed to move it to the BART parking lot; I was told it wouldn't be a problem, and just to tell someone when I left so they would know.

Room Tip: I had a king-sized bed on the ground floor (never my first choice) near reception and couldn't h...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We called to ask a few simple questions about the hotel. I asked the receptionist if they served breakfast. She was speaking with a very strong accent. I said I didn't understand, can you repeat that. She hung up. When I told my wife what had happened, she thought I might have just lacked tact. When my wife called back, the receptionist said that all of the information we could want was on the internet. She proceeded to call my wife "stupid" and "ignorant". Truthfully, I'm a bit shocked that the receptionist knew big words like "stupid" and "ignorant".

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Oakland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY!!!!!OMG,let me start off by saying you get what you pay for...Very horrible customer service,rude,the older guy talks to you like a child,very stingy with towel service and room service. I had to get my key activated twice a day in which I had to stay a week. I would never go to this place again. I was shocked in how he treated me. Im a customer as well as a customer service representative and I would never treat my customers the way he did. Im sooooo surprised that he's still in business!!

Room Tip: Good Customer Service is a must!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Oakland, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

After reserving online, the front desk was unable to find the reservation. After asking him to check, he was agitated and said "this is the third time I am telling you." The genteman that made the reservation was on the phone, and the front desk person slammed the phone on him and said "go somewhere else." We were unable to check in and could not cancel the reservation either. STAY AWAY!!! THIS IS A SHYSTER HOTEL!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Been to Bay Bridge Inn? Share your experiences!