“Real Surprise” 5 of 5 stars

Transit: yes-bus
London
“Real Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

Went with friends for Sunday brunch and each of the four of us had something different. Everyone was very happy with their choice and we all agreed that we would be going back for lunch or dinner. This is a gem.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Massachusetts
“Scrumptious elegance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

Three of us settled in for a special night out. I had the chive crusted stripe bass and my friends had the blackened salmon and the salad Kathleen. All were presented beautifully and enjoyed tremendously. Our starter was a threesome of seafood treats and my friends had the Caesar salads. The pinot noir we had from Willamette Valley was velvety and worked well with the tastes of the meal.

Service was friendly and good humored and the pace of the meal was perfect.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Food tasty, but ambience a little dark”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

Visited restaurant for a last dinner with family -- glad to find something open on New Year's Day. Menu varied although a little light on vegetarian selections. Everyone in the party was happy with their choices -- especially my husband with the blackened salmon and my son with the roast beef special. Service was very attentive; even the chef stopped by for a visit. Restaurant lighting was very dim. I do like to be able to see my meal.

Especially liked that one could chose variable sizes for menu selections. Great idea.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oakland, California
“quaint restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

this is a restaraunt with great food and service but
the atmosphere is good for a business meeting or if you want to talk with friends....

Visited December 2011
California
“Slow, confusing service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

Party of 11 for family birthday party. It took about an hour before our entree was served. Half of us ordered the prime rib special, requesting from rare to medium. My son's medium looked about the same as my sister's rare. I was the last to be served and they asked me what I ordered. I said prime rib medium rare. I was served a well done piece that looked like scraps. After complaining, I was served a piece that looked more like medium,

This was my second time eating here, though I have never chosen this restaurant. Both times were not good.

• Visited July 2011