“Close to airport, far from anything else.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Price
Save up to 25%
Ranked #5 of 48 hotels in Oakland
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Close to airport, far from anything else.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

What do you expect? That's what you get... Close to the airport, far from anything else. I used this location to attend convention in San Francisco when all rooms were sold out in SFO. took about 40 minutes to cross the Bay Bridge into the city from here.

The rooms were:
Clean
Comfortable
Holiday Inn...

Slow Internet and WiFi speeds.
Parking limited.

Room Tip: It's a Holiday Inn... Fits the corporate standard.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

163 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

My best friend and I stayed here the night before her flight. We wanted to visit San Francisco and weren't sure the best way to do it from Oakland. The staff were very helpful in explaining the BART system to us and dropping us off and picking us up from the BART station. The staff, and in particular this one guy (though I can't remember his name) offered us many tips for seeing as much of San Francisco as possible in our limited 8 hours. Our beds were comfortable and the rooms were very quiet.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Elk Grove, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the last few years and each time it has been wonderful, the staff is always helpful and willing to go out of the way to make your stay great.
it is the perfect place to stay if you are a oakland sports fan. they will take you to and pick you up from your game. the resturant and bar are also very good.if you are in Oakland for any reason this is a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Spent one night here prior to a morning flight and was very pleased.
This Holiday Inn is only 4 years old and our room was smartly decorated and comfortable.

We had dinner here and the restaurant stays open late (10:30--maybe later), so convenient for late check-in. Food at the restaurant was surprisingly good and very reasonably priced. I had an excellent salmon dinner that was as good or better than served in many well-regarded San Francisco restaurants. Restaurant service is friendly and very efficient--the nice women who waited on us for both dinner and breakfast the following morning were very fast, efficient, and friendly.

There's free use of a computer in the small "business center," and free in-room WiFi as well.

Shuttle service was very good, too. I called from the Coliseum BART station and the Holiday Inn van picked me up in less than 10 minutes (no need to use the AirBart shuttle to OAK). Van service to OAK was quick the next morning, too.

If I had to take an early flight from OAK I'd definitely stay at this Holiday Inn again, and the restaurant is good enough to be a destination restaurant for locals who want good food and service at favorable prices.

Room Tip: Be sure to order your room to include the breakfast which for 2 of us was a $20 per room credit for...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

After staying here for two nights for a work event, I am completely perplexed by all of the positive reviews--both here and on Yelp. I trusted those to book my room here, but feel completely misled.

This hotel is basically in the middle of nowhere. The only thing close by (besides the airport) is a massive Harley Davidson store. Which seems to attract a huge amount of men on motorcycles. There were literally 100 of them zipping back and forth outside the hotel all day on Saturday and Sunday. I don't think there was any sort of special event, just another day of riding around from what I could tell. With that many motorcycles, it was incredibly noisy--even with my window closed it was annoying. And, with the weather in Oakland it would have been nice to sleep with the window open. Whenever they would stop driving by and popping wheelies, they seemed to like to hang out in the hotel restaurant. And late at night they were out in the parking lot, doing...I don't know what.

I think there are other parts of Oakland, like Jack London Square and Rockridge, that are far nicer and with better dining options. I had to walk almost a mile just to get a sandwich from Quiznos while staying at this hotel. Which is fine, but there are so many better options around town.

In addition, the hotel advertises a shuttle to the BART station. I tried that once while I was staying there, and ended up waiting for 40 minutes (seriously) for someone to pick me up. And once the guy did, he was incredibly rude. The manager did give me a discount off my room rate to try to make up for it, but it was just an overall odd and disappointing experience.

Oh, and the wifi is very, very slow. I had to use my mobile wifi device the entire time.

The best thing about this hotel is the cleaning staff. They seem to do a great job and were very nice whenever I interacted with them.

Either way, I won't be staying here next time I'm in town for business. I highly recommend checking out other options--even if you need to stay in this area for some reason, try the Marriott instead. At least then you'll have food options across the street. The restaurant in this hotel was definitely subpar.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, IHGCare at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Oakland Airport, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Dear L8NYC,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I am pleased that you had a good experience with our hotel cleaning staff. Please accept my sincerest apology for any inconvenience the noise levels and Internet connection caused. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

The hotel is new, modern, comfortable and conveniently located to Oakland Airport. Unfortunately, management did not seem in control and was not responsive to ensure a comfortable stay.

I had a 6am flight, so this hotel seemed like a good choice in order to ensure I was able to get a good nigh sleep before the flight. At approx 9pm a large group (a full busload) of teens/young adults arrived at the hotel and proceeded to run rampant throughout the hotel. They were screaming in the halls, knocking on doors and jumping on the floor (some happened to be in the room directly above us). We called the front desk who said they would take care of it, but the noise continued. After the fourth call (approx 11pm at this point), they told us they were bringing in private security guards. This helped with the hallway noise, but not the jumping in the room above us. I asked if the hotel could move our room, but they indicated the hotel was full. I further asked if they could remove the people from the room above us, but they said that there wasn't anything they could do. Finally, the noise subsided around 2am, just in time for me to catch 2 hours of sleep before I needed to get up for my flight. My wife (who was not flying on the same flight as me, so was staying at the hotel later) told me that the noise started up again around 5am. When she checked out, she asked the front desk to have the manager call us and they said that the manager would contact us, but we never received a call.

I understand that a hotel can't control every action of every guest, but they needed to be more accountable and ensure that guests have the opportunity for a good night sleep. The hotel was not inexpensive, and I feel like I did not receive the product that I paid for.

Room Tip: Choose top floor to make sure that there is no one above you.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Oakland Airport, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear e1,

We noticed your review regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Oakland Airport, CA. We appreciate you bringing this up and apologize for any inconvenience the noise from other guests may have caused you. We would like to follow up with you regarding this matter. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information. I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Elk Grove
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Will definitely stay here again next time we attend weekend A's games. The only issue I had, and it's a minor one, is that the air freshener they used in the room was a little strong upon entering the room. Hotel appeared to be recently renovated so it was clean and new-looking. The rooms were very nice and the bathroom had great counter space to work with. Just minutes away from the Coliseum made this hotel perfect. Glad I changed my reservations from a place in Emeryville to here.

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Oakland Airport? Share your experiences!