“Nice Hotel Highlighted by Awesome Hospitality!!” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #7 of 48 Hotels in Oakland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Anaheim, California
“Nice Hotel Highlighted by Awesome Hospitality!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

I recently stayed in Oakland for my first RAIDERS game, and expected an OK hotel with a bunch of rowdy football fans in a bad area of town. I was pleasantly surprised when I got the complete opposite.

We arrived late to check in, arriving at 1am on Sunday morning. When we did arrive there were no more rooms with 2 king size beds available but the staff at the hotel took it upon themselves to upgrade me, my two brothers and 17 yr old nephew to a 1-bedroom king size bed suite and even had a roll away bed staged in the room.

Throughout our stay I bombarded the front desk staff with questions and requests, and EVERY QUESTION WAS ANSWERED AND EVERY REQUEST MET WITH TIMELY EFFICIENCY AND A SMILE!!! My stay was great but this made it ten times better!!

We had the Sunday morning breakfast buffet and were served by Maria, she was phenomenal!!!

I had a great experience at this hotel and look forward to returning someday soon!!

Room Tip: The front desk is so good its like having a concierge at a 5 star hotel.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Arthur A

San Antonio, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

This hotel to be an excellent place to stay. While it is near the Oakland Airport, airplane noise was not a problem. They have a restaurant/sports bar for lunch/dinner and offer breakfast meals.

Our room was very clean, the bed was just as comfortable as the one at home and they even offer two different pillows; soft or firm!! I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Oakland/San Francisco area. We spent most of our time in San Francisco and Napa, but this was a wonderful place for a good nights' rest.

Room Tip: Hotel is just 3 minutes from the rental car drop-off. Quick and easy...no need to worry about missi...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

Overall good hotel experience. Be careful not to confuse this hotel with the other Holiday inn; they are within several blocks of one another. Rooms are spacious and generally clean. The decor stood out to me because it is very modern and stylish. I really enjoyed the roomy walk-in shower area. Walls are thin but that is the case with many hotels. Wi-fi is included and works very well. Rooms with microwave and refrigerator are available. No DVD Player combo on the TV so if you plan on watching movies, bring your laptop or a separate player. FREE parking in the hotel lot, which is hard to come by sometimes. There is ALOT of construction on the outside area (Hegenberger Rd) so noise may be a distraction, but it only seems they are working during the week. Housekeeping staff is very efficient and thorough. The hotel is also VERY close to the Oakland Airport (probably within about 1-2 miles) and there is a shuttle - so no excuses for missing your flight. I don't have many complaints about this place. If I had to stay in Oakland again, I would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Snsmith02
Long Island NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

I booked this hotel based on tripadvisor reviews. I actually keep re-reading the reviews and checking to make sure I stayed in the right place, but sadly, we did stay at Holiday in at 77 Hegenberger Road.

My husband and I only needed 1 night, we were leaving on an early flight out of Oakland and this seemed like a great choice. Location wise this is close.

The location might be new but maybe they didn't clean the 2 different rooms we were in since they built this place. I was skeeved. I have traveled for years with work (although not anymore) and I can say this place needs a good cleaning. I am angry that I paid money to sleep there at all.

First, we checked in and were given the wrong room, we had paid for a 2 king room. The room we were put in was in front of an elevator next to an ice machine (loud, you don't want to be there, if you have to stay here at all). When we called the front desk they quickly moved us: Plus for them for the quick customer service, mistakes do happen. The first room was dirty though and I mentioned it to the desk and I asked her if they had any updated rooms. She informed me this was a new property. We were moved another room up the hall. We were on the 3rd floor.

There were stains on the sheets, stains on the furniture, white flaky dirt and dust build up against all of the walls, smudge marks on all of the walls and did I mention what looked like blood stains on the top sheet (and I didn't even pull the blanket off to see it so there is no way housekeeping missed this).

Walls were paper thin. I heard our neighbor talking, not loud, he was just talking, sounded like to someone on a phone. Heard every siren. I lived in NYC and it wasn't this loud in my apartment so I am someone that is used to noise.

PROS: Front desk moved us quickly. I did call for directions and they were helpful. the free shuttle to the airport was key. Cute little welcome pack.

Unfortunately not clean equals not sanitary. I took some pictures with my camera. The pictures are somewhat dim but the lighting was poor in the rooms.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
5 Thank jmmommy
tbuckl4, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Oakland Airport, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at our Hotel. I must apoligize for the condition of your room during your stay. We do pride ourselves in how we operate our Hotel although feedback from the guest is an important part of achieving award winning service. We do appreciate your input and look forward to seeing you again.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions
Kailua, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

This is a very new Holiday Inn at the Oakland airport. It advertised being one of the first of its kind to offer two king beds and did not dissapoint. The rooms were clean and spacious. The resturant on the property was better than standard fare. We had a late arriving flight andwere headed out to the wine country the next morning, so this seemed a perfect fit.

Room Tip: As nice and new as this property is, it is very close to the Oakland Colesium, home of the Oakland R...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jollymon22
Chula Vista, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Hotel was exceptionally nice as most Holiday Inn Express are. The only complaint is the fact that a continental breakfast was not included as it is normally the case in every Holiday inn Express I have stayed at.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

Great experience, Brian was so helpful, friendly and when we arrived early, he helped us out by letting us check in before 3:00 p.m.....Rooms are quiet, large and the bed was so comfortable.. the cleaning staff was great. Will be going back and will be staying at this hotel....

Room Tip: The rooms are quiet....
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakland
BEST WESTERN PLUS Airport Inn & Suites
3.5 of 5 stars 612 reviews
Red Lion Hotel Oakland International Airport
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bayside Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport-Alameda

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Oakland Airport? Share your experiences!