My family and I (2 adults, 2 teens) stayed here for four days over spring break. It was my first trip to Yosemite in decades and I couldn't decide whether to stay in or out of the Park. In the end the low price and prospect of motel comforts and a wider choice of restaurant won, and we had almost no regrets.
We stayed in a two-room suite, so for $105/night plus tax the kids each had a queen-sized bed in one room, while my wife and I had another queen bed in an adjoining room (with door!). Each room had it's own TV and washbasin, and there was a microwave, fridge, and free wi-fi. The motel also has at least one laundry room. The indoor pool and jacuzzi is pretty nice, but some negatives included lots of chlorine and a cold walk back to the room!
The lobby is a little hokey but I kinda liked it - it was my bargain-rate Ahwahnee! And the rest of the property is landscaped up a slope so that from one block of rooms you can hardly see the others. Very nice atmosphere for a motel.
I also have to commend the service. The maid left us extra towels and a friendly note, once she realized we were using the pool. And, like another recent reviewer, we left an item of property behind in the room. We called a few days after leaving and they had found it, and mailed it back to us.
The only downside was the drive into Yosemite. It's 25 mins. to the South Gate, and another hour to Yosemite Valley, with no traffic. Being from LA I though that would be tolerable but after four days it was starting to pall. I would definately recommend this hotel, but might also try a place in the Park if visiting for more than a couple of days.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Yosemite Gateway Hotel Oakhurst
- Best Western Plus Yosemite Gateway Hotel
- Best Western Oakhurst
- Oakhurst Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Each of the 135 quiet and beautiful guest rooms have either deluxe queens, kings, or twin queen sized beds and there are 2-bedroom family units available for up to six people. Most rooms have a mountain view or garden setting and many have balconies and patios. Our hotel offers free High Speed Internet Access, In-room coffee, local calls Premium TV with HBO, CNN, ESPN standard for your enjoyment and comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Best Western, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Yosemite Gateway Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.