We were scheduled to stay here last summer. Got to the area early and asked to see a room - very dark, smelled musty and smoky, old style decor and in definite need of a makeover!! Staff also not very welcoming. Additionally, this location is a solid 30 minute drive on super windy roads to even get to the south gate of Yosemite. (The Sequoias are at that end which is a plus). However, to get into Yosemite Valley is another HOUR, of pure slow, windy roads. So essentially it takes an hour and a half to get to the main attractions in Yosemite! Doing this once is long enough but doing it several days in a row is not fun - people we know never get car sick but after this drive were extremely nauseous!!
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Yosemite Gateway Hotel Oakhurst
- Best Western Plus Yosemite Gateway Hotel
- Best Western Oakhurst
- Oakhurst Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Each of the 135 quiet and beautiful guest rooms have either deluxe queens, kings, or twin queen sized beds and there are 2-bedroom family units available for up to six people. Most rooms have a mountain view or garden setting and many have balconies and patios. Our hotel offers free High Speed Internet Access, In-room coffee, local calls Premium TV with HBO, CNN, ESPN standard for your enjoyment and comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Best Western, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Yosemite Gateway Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.