I stayed in Best Western in different cities, overall experience was very good, clean, nice size room, nice pool and hot tub, however my most recent stay on saturday 3/23/13 was horrible. The hot tub was not very clean, felt very slippery, even worse, when my friend and I went back to the room to take a shower, I found there were millions of ants coming out from the faucet and faucet knob and all over the tub!!!!!!!! It freaked me out and I called the front desk immediately. The lady who answered the phone said she would have someone come to take a look right away, but the staff didn't show up until 15 minutes later. I have very sensitive skin and requested to change room, she said the whole hotel was full and they didn't have any room for us, we can either check out and ask for a refund or stay in the same room, that was all she could do. It was 10:30pm at that time, I said I didnt want to look for a hotel so late and I wanted to talk to her manager. She said there was no manager on duty at this time that I can call him on Monday!!! I asked if there was any place we could take a shower, she said nowhere! I said that was not possible, so how can the empolyees take a shower? She said it was available. Without any choice, we had to stay, she sprayed some insects killer and it smelt horrible in the room, she cleaned the ant bodies and left. Later on, more ants came out again!!! I wish I could show you all the pictures of ants crawling all over the place!!
So either of us took a shower that night, with the bad hot tub smell and sticky skin, felt disgusting. We hardly slept the whole night. I will never go back to that hotel again and will never recommend it to anyone. Stay away from it!!! It is not as good as it shows in the advertisement!
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Yosemite Gateway Hotel Oakhurst
- Best Western Plus Yosemite Gateway Hotel
- Best Western Oakhurst
- Oakhurst Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Each of the 135 quiet and beautiful guest rooms have either deluxe queens, kings, or twin queen sized beds and there are 2-bedroom family units available for up to six people. Most rooms have a mountain view or garden setting and many have balconies and patios. Our hotel offers free High Speed Internet Access, In-room coffee, local calls Premium TV with HBO, CNN, ESPN standard for your enjoyment and comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Best Western, Olotels and Cheap Tickets so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Yosemite Gateway Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.