Thanks to Laura in the restaurant , my husband and I were able to enjoy the first few nights of our trip to Yosemite in a laid back and friendly atmosphere while we relaxed with the margarita I was craving after the LONG drive through the park. We happened to stumble upon this restaurant after driving back and forth on the main road and realized that it may be the only one open, but it also was the most inviting! We were right!. After getting the margarita which was well worth the money because it was very tasty and good quality-not cheap sour mix- we were able to relax at the bar , but yet feel like we were also a part of the entire restaurant and it seemed that others felt the same, thanks to Laura. She was very friendly and seemed to make everyone feel like they were at a big family dinner, yet still intimate with their family, spouse, etc at the same time. Laura was so inviting that we went back the following day, which happened to be my birthday. Once Laura noticed we were back to dine that evening, she saluted my birthday by singing Happy Birthday and even got the lovely couple next to us to sing along. It was very sweet and inviting again. Also provided us with a slice of cake after our YUMMY and WELL PRESENTED AND COOKED meals. We once again chatted with Laura that evening as did EVERYOTHER table and had a great time winding down after another long day of hiking.
We returned three nights later (thinking Laura was there because I thought she said she was going to be) to enjoy our last night before heading to San Fran to find not only a different waitress/hostess/bartender, but also a DIFFERENT atmosphere. It was quiet and somewhat uncomfortable-no one was talking or seemed relaxed. It was brighter and slower service (since we were just at the bar again I felt like I wasnt as important) but what really ruined it for me was when I asked if Laura was working . The answer was "no" but when I said "aww we came to say goodbye-we were in on Sunday & Monday" her answer then with an eye roll......."ohhh and where was Laura that night". Needless to say.............we did not spend anymore money there that night! Not sure what she meant but i KNOW that she meant it to be rude. And that sad part is that I believe she is one of the owners...NOT GOOD SERVICE and personally-she was boring and awkward and could not provide the same service and atmosphere Laura did. Thank you Laura! You did a great job being the only worker in a busy place while also being friendly!
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Yosemite Gateway Hotel Oakhurst
- Best Western Plus Yosemite Gateway Hotel
- Best Western Oakhurst
- Oakhurst Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Each of the 135 quiet and beautiful guest rooms have either deluxe queens, kings, or twin queen sized beds and there are 2-bedroom family units available for up to six people. Most rooms have a mountain view or garden setting and many have balconies and patios. Our hotel offers free High Speed Internet Access, In-room coffee, local calls Premium TV with HBO, CNN, ESPN standard for your enjoyment and comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Best Western, Olotels, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Yosemite Gateway Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.