After a very long drive from Lake Tahoe, which included an unexpected snowy detour across the Tioga Pass (who knew it snowed that heavily in June at 10,000ft!?!), and a 20+ mile journey down the most winding road I have ever encountered, we finally arrived at the hotel. The check in was easy and they have some little items to pick up, if needed (detergent, postcards etc). We stayed for one night in June 2012 and had a ground level floor. The decor was dated and there were a few ants here and there in the bathroom. And the sink was clogged. And the room reeked of cigarette smoke...but having done a 100 mile bike ride the day before, none of the aforementioned mattered much. The beds were clean and comfy and it was very quiet. And they had a laundry room which we really appreciated at that point in our adventure.
The breakfast the next day was fine, as you would expect from a hotel buffet. Eggs, yogurt, bagels, oatmeal, bacon, waffles etc. The coffee was great as was the service. I read other reviews that blamed the breakfast on their kids upchucking on the drive up to Yosemite Valley and I would challenge that (unless they gorged themselves). Believe me, it's more likely the winding road as previously mentioned. That means it was a very slow go to get to the Valley- over an hour. I would stay there again, if I was unable to get a reservation in the Valley. The road into the valley passes the mariposa grove which seems to be a much less traveled area of the park.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Yosemite Gateway Hotel
- Best Western Plus Yosemite Gateway Hotel Oakhurst
- Best Western Oakhurst
- Oakhurst Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Each of the 135 quiet and beautiful guest rooms have either deluxe queens, kings, or twin queen sized beds and there are 2-bedroom family units available for up to six people. Most rooms have a mountain view or garden setting and many have balconies and patios. Our hotel offers free High Speed Internet Access, In-room coffee, local calls Premium TV with HBO, CNN, ESPN standard for your enjoyment and comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Best Western, Olotels, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Yosemite Gateway Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.