We chose this hotel because we like the BW Plus brands and it was so convenient to the Yosemite entrance. I do have to agree with a previous review about the rooms being somewhat dated, but the bed and bath room in our room was so large that we can overlook the somewhat dated furnishings. The grounds are beautiful and that makes it easy to overlook a thing or two. There are a couple of things that I would suggest you improve. Please put more than 2 towels in each room. Women, especially those of us with long(er) hair, need 2 towels just for ourselves. Please mount the flat screen TV to the wall. Having it lower than the end of the bed makes viewing difficult if you're laying in bed, which you will be. I had to look around and over the hubbys feet. I hate the things, but you need some speed bumps. Twice we had a speeding car come flying by as we walked to and from the restaurant. The restaurant will be your death. We ate dinner after we arrived. The food was decent but there was only one waitress who doubled as the bartender. That woman ran the whole time and we have no complaints about her service, but clearly you needed more staff. The hostess, did nothing since most came into the lounge and sat themselves. Dump the hostess, get another waitress. The next morning the buffet was disgusting. It took forever to get a table since the girl running the register and checking the buffet tickets was too busy making coffee to get the line moving. We finally just walked by and found a table. There was little on the buffet that was hot and actually edible. You were out of plates, bowls, silverware, juice cups and coffee cups all at the same time. Hard to serve yourself at a buffet when there's nothing to put it on. My husband took one look at the buffet and decided to order from the menu. He brought eggs over easy that were so raw that the clear slime was covering the yolks so they had to be sent back since we don't want to take a chance of him getting sick from eating raw eggs. Although one table had a girl bringing them coffee, no one else was brought coffee. We overheard the girl saying that there are no waitresses at breakfast, just the young girls who bus tables and get things here and there as requested. How do you order from a menu if you don't have waiters/waitresses? We'd come back to the hotel, but as we told the desk clerk during checkout, we'd avoid the restaurant like the plague unless we see some serious changes and that restaurant will deter alot of folks from coming back.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Yosemite Gateway Hotel
- Best Western Plus Yosemite Gateway Hotel Oakhurst
- Best Western Oakhurst
- Oakhurst Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Each of the 135 quiet and beautiful guest rooms have either deluxe queens, kings, or twin queen sized beds and there are 2-bedroom family units available for up to six people. Most rooms have a mountain view or garden setting and many have balconies and patios. Our hotel offers free High Speed Internet Access, In-room coffee, local calls Premium TV with HBO, CNN, ESPN standard for your enjoyment and comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Best Western, Otel, Olotels, Agoda, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Yosemite Gateway Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.