Well, when my Yosemite traveling partners said they had booked into a Best Western, I was initially concerned because I generally avoid this chain. However, I was quite delighted by the manicured grounds (the place almost looks like a low-brow resort). The room was spacious and comfortable, although I noticed some spots on the blanket. Breakfast: very generous, lots of food, but not that great (I'd rather have one good pastry than a plate of mediocre food). But most people were loading up their plates, and seeming to enjoy it. The staff was generally friendly and accommodating.
One caution: this motel winds up a steep climb. If that will be a problem for you, be sure to book lower-level rooms.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Yosemite Gateway Hotel Oakhurst
- Best Western Plus Yosemite Gateway Hotel
- Best Western Oakhurst
- Oakhurst Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Each of the 135 quiet and beautiful guest rooms have either deluxe queens, kings, or twin queen sized beds and there are 2-bedroom family units available for up to six people. Most rooms have a mountain view or garden setting and many have balconies and patios. Our hotel offers free High Speed Internet Access, In-room coffee, local calls Premium TV with HBO, CNN, ESPN standard for your enjoyment and comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Booking.com, Travelocity, Otel, Olotels, Priceline, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Yosemite Gateway Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.