“Good but nothing special” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 46 Restaurants in Oakhurst
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Stockton, California
“Good but nothing special”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

The portions were pretty big. We left from our breakfast stuffed! Our country potatoes were a little on the burned side but I didn't complain because our waitress was very sweet and super friendly! We chose this place because it was right down the driveway from where we stayed.

Fresno, CA
“I couldn't eat the food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I ordered salmon which was fine. The rice pilaf was so hard I couldn't eat it. The veggies were over seasoned. Service was unhurried.

Capitola, California
“How did we miss this place for so long.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stay in Oakhurst at least once a year when we visit the Sierras. Its convenient to everything, has many services but is sorely lacking in places to eat. We've generally stuck to a couple of Mexican restaurants which are decent, but this year we find out one of them is gone. What to do on day 2 of our visit. Not only that but this trip we have a guest who leans toward the vegetarian side. Whiles the ladies were doing some shopping I did some fast searches on Yelp and Tripadvisor and decided that Sweetwater might be what we needed. Meat, fish, chicken, pasta and baked sweet potato on the menu along with some generally good reviews.
To make a long story short, we now have a new go to place for our visit to Oakhurst.
The flatiron "Signature Steak" got good reviews and is the cheapest steak on the menu so I figured I'd give it a try. Perfection, this is what I Think of as a steak. Right between a Rib Eye and a New York strip. Very flavorful like a Rib Eye but not as dry as a New York. The menu says,"melt in your mouth" and I'll agree with them totally. I ordered the large expecting to have a little leftover for the dog, well the pup had to make do with her dry food because I couldn't help myself it was so delicious. It was simply seasoned and charred then finished in an iron skillet which nicely melted the seasoning into the meat. The accompanying baked potato was huge, correctly cooked and stuffed with butter and sour cream. I'm glad I didn't order a side of veggies. The salad that came with the dinner was a nice mix of field greens, but unfortunately the bleu cheese seemed to be made from Miracle whip and not mayo, bummer for me.
My wife had the California Chicken which was a chicken breast with ham, cheese and avocado. Didn't taste it, as I didn't want to dilute the steak taste, but she enjoyed it and the soup that came with it was great. A vegetable beef that was prepared like onion soup with a large crouton and cheese on top. Very homemade and very tasty.
My daughter had the fish and chips, looked good and she liked it a lot. I tried the steak fries and they were excellent.
Her friend, the vegetarian had two sides, rice pilaf and the baked sweet potato. She was very satisfied and raved about the sweet potato. She had the brown sugar and butter on the side and could mix to her own taste. I got points for being thoughtful enough to find this option.
So in the end we all had something we liked, there are still more items we'd like to try so we'll be back.
Also the service was really good, efficient and friendly.
Full bar and a good selection of beers. You really can't do better in Oakhurst.

“Nothing exciting”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

The food is uninspired, steak average, nothing very good. Seems the bar is the most popular part of the place.

Oakhurst, California
“Big change - even better now”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Super service from the staff with emphasis on Cindy, Kalin and Maria. Food is always good and great place to take visitors on the way to Yosemite.
Breakfast CAUTION - order french toast only if you are super hungrey = it is unique.
Dinner the flat iron steaks and perfetly prepared. Try the Wasibi dressing

• Visited November 2012