“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

El Cid used to be a very good restaurant. It had the best Albondigas I ever tasted outside of my mom's kitchen. Wow have things changed!! It had been several years since my last visit and I was craving the Albondigas. Worst rendition I had ever tasted! To call it bland would be kind. The beans and rice were flavorless and as for the tamales, it was difficult to tell if they were pork or beef. Even the "Pico de gallo"(salsa) was bad. The best thing on the menu were the chips. I hope they were just having a bad day but I won't be back soon

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

• Czech first
California Hot Springs, California
“Outstanding food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

All four of us loved the food at El Cid. The restaurant was packed and we couldn't believe the wait was only 15 minutes. The service is superb. Water glasses are constantly filled, dishes cleared and refills without asking. Wish we had an El Cid in our city. Dine here, you will love it!

Visited November 2012
“Authentic Mexican food yummy ..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

New to town decided to try El CID for the first time. It's very good and taste authentic. The menu however; seems to repeat itself just different names. Had 2 margaritas because they said there margarita were best in town. There were really strong but not good. I will go again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Made me sick”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

I live in the area and have been here several times. Twice I have gotten sick from the food and the other times it has been uninspired. Not the best place in town.

san francisco, ca
“Good for the area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Nothing special about the food, but very special to get Mexican food, fresh salsa, good chips, and a nice view in the middle of Oakhurst. A break from all the bland American food in the area, and much better prices. Would go back to sample the many tequilas, but we were at lunch so abstained. Good service, too.

Visited November 2012