“I would go again” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 45 Restaurants in Oakhurst
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Dessert
Description: Located in Oakhurst, CA just minutes from the south gate to Yosemite National Park and Bass Lake, we specialize in fresh and shell fish and offer steak, chicken, pasta and an award winning children's menu with full bar service from Roman's Bar featuring local micro-brewed beers and wines.Enjoy dining in the nautically-themed restaurant, the cozy intimate bar or take in the beauty of the Sierra Nevada mountains from our outdoor patio. Crab Cakes Restaurant is a short drive from Fresno, Mariposa and Merced, CA.
California
“I would go again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We hit at the dinner special time and found the place packed. After a short wait we got good food at a very good price. The service was fast and friendly, and we would go again.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Oakhurst, California
“Great food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

They do have great food but a little over priced for what it is and the portion were kind of small. however, the service were okay, I only saw my server 3 times, 1 taking our order, 2 serving us the food and 3 gaved us our check....

Visited November 2012
Baltimore area, MD
“SO glad we stumbled onto this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Short review - best meal we had on a week long trip around Yosemite, King's Canyon, Sequoia and Death Valley National Parks. Read on for the details.

We stayed at the Comfort Inn on Hwy 41 on our route from Yosemite to King's Canyon, and needed someplace for dinner. We decided to just walk down the street and see what was available.

Side note: Hwy 41 does not make for the most pleasant walk, as it is 4-lane highway at this point. But there are sidewalks, so that is extremely helpful.

We saw a few places to eat within a 1/2 mile of the hotel, but this place caught our eye - set back from the road, it might be difficult for someone driving down to spot, as the sign was across the street (apparently, they had just recently moved into this location, so by now the sign may be in the correct place.) Neither my husband or I are huge fans of seafood; I eat fish and that's about it, so he went in to check out the menu and see if there was anything we'd like to eat. He came out and said they had fish and chips, and the prices were a little more than we normally like to pay, but seemed reasonable, so we decided to try it as our 'splurge' for this trip.

We walked in, and were seated immediately. I thought the place had a comfortable feel; the place was maybe 1/2 full when we arrived. Just after we ordered, a charter bus stopped in the parking lot, and let out a tour group, and I thought "Whoa, we got here at the right time!" They appeared to be taken back to their own separate dining place, and there was no noticable effect on our service, or this review might be very different.

I ordered the fish and chips ($12.75); I was a little nervous about the description saying it came with 4 pieces of fish, as I thought that seemed like a lot of food, but the pieces ended up being about 4" long, so it worked out fine. The batter was light and crispy - tasted really good. The entree came with cole slaw, french fries, and green beans. I normally don't eat cole slaw, but the fries and green beans were both delicious! My husband got the appetizer portion of clam strips and a salad and enjoyed both. The waitress was very attentive, refilling his water glass several times as needed, and checking back a few times to see if everything was OK. All the staff seemed very friendly.

As the sun started to set, it was coming in below the awning outside our window and blinding me, but one of the staff went outside and lowered blinds they have on the outside of the awning for just such a purpose. It was an effective solution.

After our meal, we decided to further splurge and get dessert; my husband chose a tiramisu and I got a piece of "toffee cake" - it turned out to be a piece of light, fluffy cake topped with a drizzle of caramel (?) sauce and sprinkled with toffee pieces. It melted in your mouth, but unfortunately, either the sauce or the toffee bits left a strange, almost bitter, aftertaste, so that was diasappointing. The cake part was so good, though, that I still ate the entire piece. :)

Left the restaurant happy and would absolutely return if we're ever in the area again!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Richland
“First Class Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

This is truly a first-class restaurant with reasonable prices. We went here today based upon mostly favorable ratings on TripAdvisor.
We were met at the front entryway by the apparent manager who promptly seated us. As we walked to our booth, I couldn’t help but marvel at the ambience. This place is striking in its sparkling appearance, expertly displayed were nice art pieces which included sculptures and paintings and the place had a look of real class. I couldn’t help but notice some incredible wedding cakes displayed in a showcase in the front entryway area. We noted that a young couple was seated across the table from a lady who was working with them for a wedding cake for an upcoming wedding.
Once seated, we were greeted by a very friendly and efficient young lady named Elisa. Elisa was our server and we found her to be most attentive and seemed to really be tuned into everything that was going on in the restaurant. I also noticed that other waiters and waitresses also seemed to be really friendly and focused on making the customer happy.
My wife has special dietary needs and she later commented that this place offered more things that she could choose from than most. She chose grilled scallops from the starter menu and a cup of the New England chowder. She said that both choices were delicious and she wants to return again while we are vacationing here.
I had fish and chips that were accompanied with some cold slaw all of which was really well done. We had a delightful experience and intend to come back often while we are in this area for our vacation.
I highly recommend this restaurant to everyone; they have an extensive menu that should meet everyone’s needs and desires. They have a sign in the window indicating they have an onsite liquor license application pending.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Scotland
“OK- just”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

no alcohol licence yet, food was good but the restaurant felt cold, unfriendly and unwelcoming. Would not say "Dont Go", but we wouldn't go back

Visited October 2012